Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back to JFK

After Sacrament Meeting they had a "Meet & Greet" and we were able to have a little breakfast from all the breads, fruit & cookies. I felt blessed to have another meal taken care of for me on this trip! Windows of heaven and all that! We jumped back on the subway to Penn Station and caught the Long Island Railroad to the Air Train to JFK. I took these pictures on the LIRR.

We passed a ton of these high rise apartment buildings.

And all these little houses smashed together and covered in graffiti


I wondered how big their "home" is in one of these places. My house must seem like a mansion compared! I, again, was feeling very spoiled and grateful! I like my space! LOL

There were all these dollhouse like neighborhoods along the way... cute and quaint.

The railroad is a Mono-rail type of train... so the gentle sway made us both feel quite sleepy! LOL

This is what the train looked like! And I LOVED the water tower in the background. I really enjoyed mass transit! It made things so easy to get to and enjoy! Neither of us had to drive or find the right turns etc. We saved A TON of time for play by just hopping on these trains! It was great!

Truly there was much to see! And I must apologize for all the photos of us... but honestly we both randomly would turn to the other and say "We are IN New York!!!" It was so quick and whirlwind we were still absorbing! I think we took photos to prove to ourselves that we went! LOL (I wonder if I am not STILL absorbing! LOL)

After 48 hours of complete non-stop adventure... and only 4 hours + 3 hours of sleep with no time to shower... home was sounding quite good! JFK to home! Yeah!
We planned on catching the plane to Long Beach and playing on the west coast beach for a couple of hours and then catching a plane to SLC, but timing worked out that we could catch the direct flight and we went for it!
Have I mentioned I *REALLY* like to fly?? No wonder my dream job was a flight attendant growing up!

0 comments: