Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, May 30, 2009

AWOL...

Wow! It's been forever since I have posted! We have been crazy busy! We spent a week getting two businesses and a family of 6 ready to go on vacation (plus Cam's broken arm!). Then we went to Tucson for a week for our cousin Kayelani's Graduation... SO fun! (have tons of cute pictures I will post when I can) And ever since we have been trying to play catch up from vacation. ;P

This last week we have also started a fun family project! Our 10 little hens are getting squishy in their box...

So Jess has dreamed up his own plan and we are helping as a family to build a coop! It is going to be SO fancy! LOL! We stopped by some close by job sites that had dumpsters full of new contruction material junk and gathered up discarded boards and such. It has been fun to recycle and see how much we can save by making use of this stuff! Cody is our "tree hugger" and it has tickled him to no end to see how much we saved from the landfill!

Cody needed someone to hold the boards and hold him the skinny little thing!

Emma LOVED the hammering!

Cody did too! Caleb hung out in the background hammering nails into junk boards...

This is the base... we will wrap it with chicken wire so they will have some shade and more running space without using up more of our backyard. ;)

We all worked 'til the sun went down one afternoon... and every extra minute since has been devoted to it!

Today while I am at the Parade Of Homes house (#21! Come see me if you can!) Jess has gotten the walls all up, the laying boxes started and the door cut out. I bet he will have the roof on by the time I get home. *grin* SO FUN! It will look like a small school house by the time we are done... we joke that it needs a sign saying "Hen's High school" or "Poultry Preschool" LOL! The kids want to paint a bell on the front as well! What a project I tell ya! Very elaborate! Jess tells me as a "Utah Home Builders Assoc.'s Superintendent of the Year"'s son he cannot build anything less! Bwahahaha!! Cracks me up! He is so his father! *GRIN*

I will try to get the trip photos up and start catching up here as well! And I will post more coop pictures when I get them! Until then... hasta luego! ;)

0 comments: