Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!

My littlest man started kindergarten!! He was SOOOOO happy to finally be going!! He was up at 10 to 7am. He ate breakfast, got a haircut, took a shower and was dressed to his shoes by 9 am!
Sadly... he didn't start school until well after lunch! LOL
He was so excited for before first day picures that he was jumping up and down!
WOOT! WOOT! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
Oh yeah!! Oh Yeah!!
We had to find something to occupy his time... so we sat outside and he rode his bike, WITH his backpack on... tee hee hee

Then he wanted to tell Gram that he was going to school today. So I gave him my cell phone...

And he chatted away.. .while riding his bike! ACK! Bad habits start young! Bwahahaha
A few minutes later his bestest buddy and his mom came to get us and we drove to the school.
Our cute little boys!
Off we go! We aren't babies no more...
This is my class!!!
His teacher is just AWESOME!! She is in our ward and we just love her!
Caleb found his desk, by reading his name on a tag! (he is such a smartie pants!) He dove into his paper at his desk and I barely got a goodbye! LOL

Now...here... as the mommy... I have to admit:

I was SO happy for him! He was so happy! I walked him into his classroom. He found his desk. I told him goodbye and "have a great day"! And I walked out the door...

and a few steps away...

my eye lids sprung a leak! I could not stop crying! Even as I type I am getting tears in my eyes! So silly! I am happy for him! I am happy for me. Time alone again.

But I am so sad inside too!

A chapter of my life has closed. It is over.
No more babies that are mine.
They are all school attending little people!
*sigh*

I cried... like a baby.

Yup. I did.

And I wandered around like a lost puppy dog.

Ah. So fun.

On to the next phase of life! Momy of School Age/Jr. High children here I come! *WINK*

0 comments: