Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School

First day of school 2010

We sent the first 3 kids to school today!
Cameron - 3rd Grade

Emmalee - 7th Grade
Jr. High!!! Can you believe it??
Cody - 6th Grade

They love their school and so do I! I have had many people question our choice about a Charter School, but I know it is what is right for my kids. I love the atmosphere, I love the devotion to America, the REAL America, and the deep immersion into the principles of the founding fathers and constitution. I love that my children are free to learn as fast or as slow as they need to. I love that they teach them the basics from 7 Habits of Highly Sucessful people. I have just loved it all. And so do the kids!

Emma is taking Intro to Voice, Hip Hop and Drama, as well as her main curriculum. She can start chasing her interests NOW, instead of waiting until High School in public school. Next semester she is taking Piano lessons as well! It's AWESOME!!

Cody is taking his 2nd year of Drama. Yep. Drama. In 6th grade. It has been SOOO good for him! He loves it! He really likes his teacher this year. I think he reminds me of Cody...so that is awesome. Great minds and all that. *wink*

 Cam's teacher is also a man this year. He reminds me a lot of our Brother-in-law Greg. In fact, when we met him, we were talking about it as we left the school... to which Cam says, "Yeah, but he doesn't SMELL like Greg!" We all laughed and laughed! He then told us that Greg smells like deodorant. LOL. Who knew?
Caleb is not too happy! He doesn't start school until the 31st. It's "jus' not fair!". Poor boy.
This is my favorite though... Daddy helpin' his little girl with her hair before school *GRIN* I have SUCH a cute family!

Special thanks to Mom & Dad and Ma & Dad for helping us to get the kids the school supplies they needed. And for Aunt Jenny for spoiling Emma with a pre-school shopping trip.
We are so blessed!!!

0 comments: