Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, May 23, 2011

Inactive Realtor detests rental home shopping...

WOW. What a day. First and foremost... let me say with a HUGE "thankyou, I love you, you are da bomb" to Suzie!! She was so kind and took me to look at rentals today. (Can I just say how much I miss my car? ugh.) You rock Suz for spending your day driving me around! We are on the hunt!

But. Nothing good. There was one that is so-so, but tiny here in town. It was clean and they handled the story of our situation ok and seemed accepting. But there is NO storage. And it is squishy. And well.. I know I am spoiled because of my home now... but waaaaaa only one person could stand in the kitchen at one time! And there is NO where to put food storage!

The next home was one town over. It was a little bigger - unfinished basement we would have to immediately add a room onto - and a huge deck in the back with a great view. As we stood there talking, the train pulled by. The whole house shook and you couldn't talk over the whistle. It only lasted for about 2 min. The homeowner said it really doesn't bother them - ok - well maybe the one at 6 am does, but other than that it is just fine. : /

The rest of them were not great. One had so much cat dander/mold scent masked by paint and cleaning the carpet I wanted to barf. My throat burned, my nose itched. UGH.

I came home discouraged.

I want MY house.
I don't want to try and keep looking anymore.
I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE showing homes to clients.
Looking for myself? Not so much.
Add the ease of fatigue from my stroke and poor Suzie! By the time she got me back home I sounded like Eyore, felt like I wanted to bawl and sleep, and couldn't wait to stop talking and thinking about it.

I hope it gets better. I hope we can find the answer for our little family soon.
My heart and soul is tired today.
*sigh*
Tomorrow is another day....
right???

0 comments: