Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Perfect Christmas

This year was on my top favorites list. All day the feeling of peace, calm, joy washed over me again and again. So many things contributed to this being all I could wish for, I am not sure I could account them all...
* Most of the presents my children wanted this year were within our ability (and blessing) to provide. We wanted for little and hoped for less. They relished each gift with gusto, as the number of gifts received was small, but wished for. Why we ever tried to do more than they ask for I will never know.
* BIG: For the first time in over 3 years... all the bills that were due this month were actually PAID this month... (before Christmas!)... and we did some Christmas (with some special angels help) for our family and even though our first bill is due at the begining of January... there will be no bills carrying over to next month. PEACE. A.m.a.z.i.n.g. I could not ask for more. And no credit card bill waiting for us come January. I had forgotten how *important* something so small is to the well being and peace of mind of a soul.
* We were happy with what we have... instead of wishing for more.
* Each of our "events" with family were on seperate days. There was no hurting anyone's feelings, no rushing from house to house, no schedules to keep. We got to enjoy each family event to the fullest, without stress and guilt. It was perfect and it made me so very happy inside. We have the best family to love and support us. We are so very blessed.
* Emmy and I got to sing the Ward Choir today... the program was perfect! I could not keep the tears from steaming down my cheeks. How very choice to be able to attend Sacrament meeting on Christmas Day. *LOVED* it.

So many other tender mercies made this holiday one I will never forget. It was completely perfect!!

0 comments: