Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, December 14, 2007

Tired...but happy

So...my good friend Amy braved an afternoon with me and took me to get a couple of Christmas gifts I still needed. It was nice! Our Father in Heaven was so sweet to us...we found front row parking everywhere we went so I didn't have to walk more than necessary. It was so neat! I could barely move last night I was so worn out...but I only have a half a dozen or so loose ends and I think I will be done shopping! WAHOO! I am starting to get a little excited...

I am in awe that Christmas is just 11 days away. I was complaining to a friend about how sad I feel about this holiday season, that I can't do all the things I had, in my head, planned to do, and she was very kind....she said "But you are here to enjoy it with your kids". Hmmm. I think I needed that. I think, at least for me, I get so caught up in "making the moment" into something spectacular, that I dont notice the little things... so here are a few of the little things I am thankful for:

* Emmalee home again today with pink eye (this is her 2nd bout) because she is helping me to wrap gifts.
* Caleb, who plays quietly and watches Super Why in the morning so I can snooze a few minutes longer.
* Quiet moments of "oh! I am so dizzy and tired...I gotta sit" that gives me time to enjoy the beauty of the snow out my window, or the lights on my tree.
* For not allowing myself to be too proud to hire someone to help me disinfect my house so I can focus on just dishes and laundry.
* A job I can work on when I feel up to it...for the most part both Realtor hat & Office Manager hat have no set time requirements.
* Having Aunt Jeannine come to my home to color my hair to help me feel not so frumpy
* Cody, who is an early riser, to get the kids going in the morning.
* Wonderful neighbors who stop in to check on me, make sure I have what I need, and devote their own precious time to make things a little easier on me & my poor overworked hubby.
* That Jess has so much work when we need it most...and time off when it seems we need it most too...Heavenly Father is so mindful!
* Journals to vent to, friends to sound board off of, and the medical profession in general for making it so I *am* here...and I can enjoy each day...and I do get to have Christmas with my family and little children. :) What a wonderful life!

1 comments:

WALLISVILLE

It is good this time of year to remember our blessings! It is truely too easy to get caught up in everything and forget what is really important. I have been thinking about that a lot lately, and loved reading the simple blessings that you are enjoying right now. It brightened my day! Thanks! Tiffany