Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lost my blogging touch?

Maybe.
I am not sure.
I just can't seem to get the juices flowing, the words to say what I want and the emotion behind them to shine through.
Weird!
Maybe it's my perfectionism and the knowledge that I have about a dozen or so post that I have not written, so I would be out of order if I did... blah blah blah.
Ok.
Whatever.
Starting tonight... here is my randomness... revisted. :)

Today I have felt like I haven't slept in years. Years.
I mean it!
I got up after 7 hours of sleep, and promptly fell asleep on the couch while the kids got ready for school. It was like tearing two cloths covered in molasses to open my eyes to tell them goodbye and say prayers with them! Oye!
I was out like a light after they left.
I fought the sleepiness for over an hour and a half... knowing a repair guy and Jes would both be here at 10 - and I had to have a smoothie ready for Jes when he got here to take back to work.
(Did I mention we are drinking green smoothies? We had full intentions of juicing, even bought a juicer in mid-October, but we returned it to have some Christmas money, so we are thankful for my Dad's splurge on a REALLY nice blender he never uses and is allowing us to play with. I am in love. But... I digress...)
Back to my story of today.
So, I pulled myself off the couch with 5 minutes to spare - just enough time to make 3 quick piles of the misc stuff on the livingroom floor and rush them to their appointed places of residence in our house, and comb my hair, wipe the mascara from under my eyes and put on a bra. *sigh*
After the repair guy left, Jes helped me make a smoothie for us and headed back to work. I had guilt. I FULLY intended to surprise him with an Uber tasty spinach, orange, strawberry, blueberry shake. Instead we used Swiss chard, and pear sauce, with oranges and apples. More fiber... less tasty. LOL
On being left alone again, with the promise that I would try to have all the Christmas packed away in the totes that litter the main living areas before Jes got home so that he could just take them to the shed, I promptly curled up in my recliner, with my new calendar for the year, our various spheres of influence on our daily schedules, my computer and a blanket.
I spent the entire day working on our calendar (which looks great... but still needs some stuff added so I can keep my head on straight LOL) and then rumaging the college's website trying to figure out my schedule, my map, my necessities, my books to buy and my game plan for getting ready for school in a few days.
And it took me...
All day.
I got up just to rotate laundry and drink water.
I feel wrung out like a old dishrag.
Poo!
As my people's arrived home for the day, I elicited their help and believe it or not it took us a whopping 20 minutes to pack up Christmas, outside decor and lights included, and take it to the shed!! Something that would have taken ME alone ALL DAY!
Moral of the story?
When you don't feel good...
Curl up with a warm blanket and work on the not so hard stuff.
The hard stuff will get done... eventually!
*grin*
Now... where is my blanket, my Tylenol (bummer I gots me some body aches this evening) and my sweetheart?
Let's go to bed!

0 comments: