Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wow! 3 posts in a row!

(Aunt Becky will be so proud!)
So... sleeping last night was torture. Aches, chills etc. This morning I took somemore Tylenol and fell back asleep (this time in my bed ;)) after the kids left for about an hour or so.
:) Better! :)
I have a wicked cold sore all of a sudden...
but I feel better.
SO...
whatever.
I will look fantastic for the first day of school.
(heh heh)
Acutally - that is why I thought to blog!
School.
College.
I am old.
Ok... maybe not super old, but post stroke? Lemme just tell ya...I feel O.L.D.
This is a little bit craziness as I try to get my ducks in a row for a life experience I clearly should have pursued at age 18!

(Oh wait... I was a sluffer. A slacker. A 1.2 cumulative GPA? solely because I did not engage in my high school career... I had a super hot boyfriend after all! They would have laughed me off campus! *wink* Who had time for homework and attending classes? Drooling over Jes in metal shop was MUCH more fun. Hmmm... which: #1 - WHY exactly did the Shop teacher allow me to hang out you ask? I did his busy work for him... and really... I am sure he figured that if he let me stay... my hottie of a boyfriend would stay too.
BTW... Jes' GPA? 3.5+.
*sigh*
Girls... don't sell yourself short for a boy! Just sayin'!)
Distracted paragraph aside....

I waver from complete and utter excitement...
to complete and utter fear.

It's very similar emotionally to preparing to go to the Physical Therapist's office during stroke recovery and wondering how epic of a fail it will be... and how much it will hurt before it gets better.
Yeah.
It's similar.
*wink*
OH! But to conquer it!

To succeed!

To smother the echo of a 1.2 GPA... and have proof that I can be brilliant and succeed if I put in the work.
This is SOO not going down on the epic fail list.
NOT AT ALL!

(remind me of this post when I am gasping for air wondering what the heck happened ok??)

1 comments:

Nicole Stoddard

Don't dispair about the GPA. Remember, Brent's wasn't much better and he did great in college. College courses at our age is a choice we make, not a requirement put on us when we were that age. So, don't judge your college performance on how you did in high school. And don't forget to remember Him as you study! I love you! Good luck and enjoy the ride.