Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Oh for the LOVE!

What crumby few days!! I ended up in the ER on thursday. I was talking to a dear friend on the phone and had a very strange heart episode. It lasted only 4 minutes, but it was not quite something I had experienced before...and I was scared!
Anyway...after some coaxing, and a prayer, I decided to go the hospital for an EKG. My dear bishop's wife, Maria, drove me there, while another neighbor took the two littlest boys. (Cam was home from school with an asthma attack :( )
We arrived there, and as they called me back to a room I passed out on the waiting room floor. Can I just mention how grateful I am for answers to prayers...and for being obedient to them? I dont know if Cam or Caleb would have known what to do with me! LOL! My poor bishop's wife, I think, helped catch me on the way down, and I think I may have sworn when I felt it happening (*blush*) and she was the first thing I saw when I came to. She was begging me to open my eyes and calling my name. As I spoke to her she wrapped me in the sweetest hug. It felt so nice! We seem to have this amazing bond anyway....but I just felt so much more love for her at that moment! ...I thank Heavenly Father that he brought us to Spanish Fork! We have such amazing people and friends out here now too...my life is so rich!

Anyway...I have been put back on the meds that Dr. Hwang took me off for his silly high salt/no sugar diet. I have requested to see the Cardiologist that saw me June when all of this first came up...and because he was also the one that oversaw me this week. I am glad. He seems truly interested in figuring this out. He put me on the 24 hour holtor monitor (like a 24 hour EKG machine) and I can see him in a couple of weeks. I am weak and shaky now...which totally makes me sad to re-live after this last summer...but I am alive and they have ruled out for the most part any kind of heartattack. Golden & silver linings! ;)

The other saga of these last crumby days is my little Cam. His asthma has done it's classic and he has pneumonia. We truly fought and debated about whether to take him to the ER about 2:30 this morning...he was keeping nothing down...he wasn't sucking in too much...however he just looked so worn out! He kept telling me that he didn't like how he felt. I just cried and held his hand. Jess was torn...we have no insurance right now...and we have taxes coming up. He was stressed! (And to boot I refused to let him go alone with Cam to the ER and he didn't want to try and do it with both of us not in such a good place health wise) It was a mess. I am so grateful for the stewardships we are granted as parents of these little ones tho! After some prayer & discussion ideas came, and a peace came and we rode out the night. He was able to keep some broth down this morning, and as a result we were able to get the steriods into him...and so now we are excited for the downhill slope that we know is coming in 24 hours or so. Thank Heavens for modern medicine!!!!!

It was also sad and depressing...Jess' brother Tyler is here from Wyoming for the weekend and we had plans to go with his whole family to stay at Daniel Summit Lodge. We are all were SO excited to spend some one on one time together! Instead Jess, Cam and I stayed home and the other kids went with my MIL (mom-in-law). I was so sad to not be able to go...although I felt lucky Cam felt so sick...he wasn't too sad to be left behind. :) Gotta take all the good I can right? LOL!

Anywho...there's a quick update on us....I'll keep ya posted!

2 comments:

Stephanie

Heather-HOLY CRAP woman!!! I really can't believe this it just sounds like something that comes from a tv show. I really hope you are on the mend and your family will be in our prayers. Happy recovery!

Unknown

Heather,
You and your fam are in my prayers! I hope you both recover quickly.

You know how they say you always feel better about your own trials when compared to the trials of others. . . . yeah, I feel like that! Take care of yourself, and try to stay out of the ER! Oh, and thank your bishop's wife for me! I am glad she was there to catch you (physically and emotionally)

Keep us posted!