Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hello!! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!! Our weekend isn't quite over yet...we have Thanksgiving dinner with my family tommorow night....

But! It has been a wonderful weekend so far! Jess put up Christmas lights in the morning on thursday, while I made 6 dozen of my family's favorite rolls. We went to Grandma Pat's for dinner. It was so nice! We were all crammed in her little basement familyroom, but wowza she is a genius when it comes to utilizing the space she has! And everything is always perfect! She cracks me up! I can't believe her talent when it comes to making a party complete! The decorations were awesome, the atmosphere calm, and well...she just rocks at party throwing! After dinner we went to Grandma Ewell's. Everyone had dessert and we visited and laughed. I sure adore Jess' family! Even with all the differences, they are still so loving and accepting and make you feel so important. It warms my heart. We are so blessed.

We came home and I scoured the ads until after midnight. I got up at 3:30 am and picked up my good friend Jill and we hit the sales! It was so much fun! I love going with Jill! It is always so low key and relaxed. We gather one or two more of the "hot items" than we need and then as we wander the store looking for other items we need, it is a blast to have a frantic mom or grandma who may have slept in, rush up and ask you where you got the item...only to say we have got an extra that we don't need and give it to them with a "Merry Christmas". The joy on their faces is priceless! I love it! :) We played late into the afternoon and when I got home Jess had wired up two sets of eve outlets for the lights. (he is such a doll!) We had the kids favorite for dinner (homemade pizza) and bundled up and went to Main Steet here in town to enjoy the Nighttime Christmas Parade! What a blast! I love this town!! The kids were thrilled with the adventure of it and Caleb was in awe at all the lights on tractors and trucks! That boy was in heaven! We think JWD Electric should put in an entry next year....

AH! Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday! There are no pressure for gift giving, and we get to gather together to eat and visit and it's cozy and fun! I LOVE IT!!

0 comments: