Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, November 26, 2007

I am giving up being a mom of babies

really...I am. Caleb wants to potty train. No more bottles. No more diapers. No more nursing. No more burp cloths. No more tiny clothes or even tiny shoes. No more napping in the afternoon with a warm soft head of baby hair tucked under my chin. It is all ending. I am not sure why potty training is what is throwing me off...but it is.

I dont enjoy diapers. Believe me I don't! But there is this little part of me that is having a little breakdown inside at the thought of my baby leaving babyhood behind. *sigh* I have done diapers for almost 10 years straight. ((shocker!)) You would think I would be singing praises....but alas...maybe I will another day. I need a newborn to cuddle....you know....like after an emotional day one needs chocolate? I need a soft fuzzy headed little one to console my weeping mommy heart....

On a brighter note...Caleb is thrilled to be a big boy! He loves to wash his hands and flush the toilet. He has had no wet accidents all day...and both times he was messy he wanted it fixed "NOW!" LOL!! Pull ups are not as "secure" for him I guess... thank heavens for smart marketer's who thought of putting Car's characters on Pull-ups. They are brilliant. He loves them.

Anyway....I am going to go cuddle my baby blanket now. Have a great night.

1 comments:

Unknown

AH Heather,

You are welcome to come and snuggle my baby anytime you want. Heaven knows I could use a nap, or a shower!

I was actually just thinking the other day about how much I need to cherish these moments. Before long I will be done changing diapers, nursing a baby at the "peaceful" hour of 3am, and wiping spit up off my shoulder.

Good Luck with the potty training! Sounds like you are off to a very good start.