Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BUBBA-SON!!!



Happy Birthday Cody!! He is 9 today!! I wish my scanner and computer were on speaking terms I have the cutest photos of my oldest little man!! (waaaa!)

We had a blast today! It's too late to post photos but I will... we went to Seven Peaks to celebrate! He had a grand time!

Quick fun facts about Cody:

* We laugh about labor with Cody...the epidural went up instead of down...and I talked like Jar Jar Binks trying to convey my displeasure! I think Jess laughed until he had tears!
* Cody's best friend is Emma.
* Cody scooted on his bum wherever he went and then walked...never crawled.
* And always had fat lip when he started walking because he never learned to catch himself from crawling! It was sad.
* He believed in prayer at a very young age. He would pray to get the lawnmower to start when Mom had spent 20 minutes and exhausted herself trying to pull start it. Of course it started right up after his prayer.
* Cody always prayed to be kept safe... he had a wheelbarrel fall over on him at age 5... it cut his neck open and when we got to the hospital... Mom lost it a bit when she learned the "tendon" that bulged from the cut was actually his carotid artery and it was realized how "lucky" her little man was! This boy's prayers are answered!
* Cody excelled in the Ohio State tests. He excells in everything learning wise... he is bored with scouts because he read the book and "knows all the stuff already". He has little patience for busy work as when he knows it he knows it and he sees no point in wasting time on something he already understands... ah... he reads a lot of books while his class mates keep working on their busy work he completed way before them! (He gets this trait from his G'pa Stoddard...he is a book worm and very smart!)
* He and his Dad are reading the Leven Thumps series at the same time... they love to discuss what is going on!
* Cody lost much of his depth perseption as a result of a slight lazy eye we missed when he was little. He now is under regimine to play video games with a patch to excersise that eye... and boy! was he disappointed with that prescription!
* Have I mentioned that he LOVES his Nintendo DS and the Xbox? We may as a family ask Santa for a WII...
* Cody loves animals. He is so gentle with both them and little ones. He is a tenderheart.
* When Cam was little he couldn't say "brother" so he called Cody "Bubba". It stuck. Cody is our Bubba Son.

* Cody had a sense of humor young. He was 2 or so when one day he brought me a shoe as we were getting ready to leave. I told him we needed the other one and to go find the shoe. He walked away saying "a shoe. a shoe a shoe." As he came around the corner oblivious to all around him he giggled to himself and said "Bless you!" I laughed and laughed! He is so clever!
* Cody loves to fish! On his trip to Lake Powell they gave him the nickname "Catfish Cody"...he has a knack for it!
* Cody is my cuddle bug. He loves to be cuddled, to have hugs, to have a back rub, any physical touch or expression of love. Even when I was pregnant with him...if you tickled my belly he would push into it. He loved it. He needs to be touched.... I often ask him for some "Cody Cuddles" 'cause he is just so snuggly!

* Cody is named after his Daddy (middle name) whom is named after G'pa Ewell. His full name William Cody never quite came into play...he never was a "Wild Bill Cody". *grin*
* When he was little he wanted to become a Bee Keeper after being stung by a bee and realizing they die from stinging. He wanted to "save" them.
* He wants to be a Massage Therapist like his aunt Jenny.

* Cody is left handed like his G'ma Annie.
* Cody is a shy one... but once you are his friend... he loves you deeply and forever.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY CODY!!

We are so thankful to have you in our family!!

2 comments:

Tammy

such a cute post. he sounds like such a good kid, but what would you expect from such good parents. I am glad to see things are going well! Broc did crawl and still got fat lips and bruised head from falling and not using his hands to catch himself. So you never know

Unknown

I am glad you blog regularly. Keeps me up to speed in the Dorius saga. I agree w/ Tammy. Cute post and he does sound like "such a good kid". Somehow my brain never made the connection that both Dorius parents got new callings. Loved your comments about that too. It's time for me to come and get details by way of an in person visit. I'll be calling.

Laura