Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, January 5, 2009

Peeling off the Layers

And no, I am not an Ogre! LOL!

That is my motto for this new year. New Year's Resolutions (NYR's) always make me feel like a failure. I am gun-ho for the 1st couple of weeks only to mess up and throw my hands in the air and give up. So this year I have a motto:

(what's a motto? Nothin'! What's a motto with you??" Bwahahaha)

PEELING OFF THE LAYERS

What does that mean you ask? Well here is a simple version:

* Financial debt - I want to focus on "I have enough" and get some small debts and JWD debts paid off. I also want to accept the challenges of a budget and make and try to live one each month this year. I also want to keep up with a Christmas savings - it was LOVELY to pull that $ out of a savings account and do Christmas on Black Friday. (there were many times I wanted to pull it out early because we "needed" the funds - but I just pretended it wasn't available! LOL worked great - and the auto transfer from my account made it even easier - it was "a bill" the bank paid for me! LOL)

* Physical Pounds/Health - even if it is only eating more healthy...I am taking better care of me! And I am shooting for walking the dogs at least 4 days a week if not more! I also want to get dressed 1st thing each day and do my hair and make-up. All too often the phone starts ringing and work and kids start calling and I ever feel completely READY for the day at hand.

* Emotional Walls - I tend to be reserved with my heart and affection - I want to open up more, love more, live more! I need to stop hiding or my life will pass me by! I need to stand up for myself more and be taken advantage of less - but in a kind and gentle way. I need to not allow myself to be overwhelemed by life - and learn to say no when I really need to - and then have NO guilt that I did (I know so many of my girlfriends suffer from this same syndrome!)

* Spiritually - I want to be closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father and I know I am the one who's buried herself in these layers of human - I want to peel a few of those off. I want to search for eternity in the windows on humanity.

* Personality - I can be out going and loving and befriend people - though it's not my natural personality. My more common self keeps to herself and waits for others to come to her - I am going to peel those layers off and try harder to think of those who may need me to come to them and be the one who befriends them - I want everyone I meet and get to know to know that I love and accept them for who they are.

* Motherhood - I tend to go through the motions more often than not - I want to get in and PLAY and BE with my kids more... And I want to be more involved in what is important to them.

* Homemaking - layers of dirt and grime - I am healthy now and I can care for my own home again - but have become a bit lazy in my deep cleaning housekeeping skills...so I need to get back to my routines. I also would like to make a good meal at least 5 days a week - the kids can have Ramen etc on the off days - but I need to step it up a bit and try harder

* Professionally - I am going to start being more active in my role as Office Manager and Realtor. I will start looking for clients more, instead of waiting for them to come to me, and I will keep up better on JWD and start some advertising for both.

These are layers and so any small amount I can pull off each day is good! I dont want to change overnight, I just want to peel back a bit and be a little better, try a little harder and live my life a little fuller.

Those are my NYRs. :) And I also wrote "Peeling off the Layers" on my mirror in my bathroom to remind me everyday to keep moving forward! *wink*

0 comments: