Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. Online bill pay rocks.
2. Having a TV in our bedroom isn't as bad as I thought it would be...Caleb watched Dragon Tales this morning, while I rested for an extra half hour after a rough night. It was so nice! (dont tell jess he was right ok?! Bwahahaha...he'll never let me live it down...tee hee)
3. Colors on walls make a house a home. I LOVE my burgandy walls. I love my brown walls in the livingroom. I love how it makes me feel comforted and how my kids now say "it feels like home now Mom". Color ROCKS! White walls are for hospitals...& we have seen way too much of those in our lifetimes! Painting is, for me, a wife's right of making a house a home. SO FUN!
4. Christmas is coming. I love Christmas. I love the smells, the treats, the feeling, the family, the giving...I am so excited!
5. bathrobes are wonderful. They can prolong the enevitable (a shower) without cutting off the likelihood of accomplishing such event. If I were to get dressed...I wouldn't make it to the shower again in the morning...but my bathrobe provides me with the means by which to get moving on some pressing things...without cutting off the chance of primping later. Am I the only one who believes this to be true? Bless who ever invented them!
6. And while we are blessing others...bless the man that invented clorox wipes! LOVE them!
7. And also bless the inventors of Word World...or Super Why...or whatever that new PBS show is called! It is one of the BEST kids shows I have seen in a long time! Teaches so sneakily without being boring! Caleb LOVES it...as do all the older ones! It's even entertaining for me! Very well done! Bless them for their imagination!
8. We are spoiled. Period. We have machines that wash our clothes. We have machines that wash our dishes. We have machines that dry our clothes. We have machines that timewarp-time cook our food. We have machines that keep our food cold. We have machines that clean our floors. We have machines that relieve so much of the hard labor once required of mothers...We are spoiled. And I am grateful! :D
9. I loved Sister Beck's talks in Women's Conference and General Conference. Even though I loved the "You are wonderful - You loved" we always got from the previous leaders...I think we all (me especially) needed a "you are a last days mom...step up to the plate...remember you are here to work - not to be have it all...and quit yer belly-achin'" type talk! She is so right! One day at a time we need to try harder and have the right attitude in raising, loving, and serving our family of God. I think it was mostly a "change your heart" and "remember who you are and why you are here" talk. AWESOME! Loved it! Can't wait to re-read it!
10. The 22nd is my Dr's appt. It is not soon enough....

0 comments: