Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, October 29, 2007

Update on my heart...

Hi! My Dr. appt went so well I kept tearing up! Dr. F. said that the Holter Monitor showed that I have a form of Super Ventricular Tachycardia. What my sister saw on the MRI was the slow period. Basically the lower chamber of my heart doesn't pump properly...so then it races to catch up... he asked if I often felt tired and worn out. LOL! I laughed! I said "My whole life!" What I understood from his explanation is that I can't always feel this dilema of my heart except for un-expalined fatigue. Now it is explained. He told me that the meds that he put me on (that Dr. Hwang never should have taken me off of) will control that. He said I also have some atrial fibrillation (which are the "flip flops" I feel and what sent me to the ER in June & Sept). They can be controlled with this med too. He said I can have surgery for the AF, but the SVT likely is not really repairable like the AF and since they are both controlled by the meds it's up to me.

I have been feeling so much stronger everyday...which he said would continue because my body is adjusting to the meds...so I am going to stick with the meds for now. He said it is not life threatening right now. (yea!) He wants to see me every 6 months without fail, and as I get older we may have to discuss other options or doses...but for now all is well! He was so kind and patient with me and my questions! Because of my arrythmias I cannot have caffiene at all (chocolate is ok in moderation...thank heavens! bwahahaha!) and I want to keep up my low (not "no") sugar diet just because it is good for arrythmias, but it's all good! I am not scared to have another episode "any minute" like I have been...& he was just so kind and thorough! My meds also will help with my low blood pressure and should help even things out all the way around! WAHOO!! I am so stinkin' grateful!! SUCH good news!! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! I am so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends in my life!! ((HUGS))

2 comments:

Keri

Heather, so glad to hear that things are sounding better for you!

blog648

Great news! Take good care of yourself.