Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Any advice or ideas?


The picture does not do it justice. I have apricot "stuff" all over my kitchen counter, down between the stove and counter, on the bottom of the upper cupboard, and all over the floor. Here's what happened:
Amy (& Austin *wink*) and I pitted and ran 2 boxes of free apricots from Ma's through the food mill thingy to make it into a paste like substance so we could make fruit leather. We were so excited! In our excitement we ran out of big bowls. I use my big pot to store the some of the goods. We added orange juice to the mixture to make it not turn brown (like the bottling book said to!). And then I had to go to work. I had no room in my fridge for a pot and a big bowl of apricot "stuff" so I left it on the counter with press and seal over it. Hmmm... questioning now whether I saved my fridge, or doomed myself. (??) It sat for about 6 hours.
I came home to a bubbled over mess. The "stuff" had bubbled up and popped open the press and seal on the pan. It ran down the cupboard and the drawers and was on the floor etc. I was shocked. I called Amy and we laughed about it. Dang. A mess. What else is new as a mom? no? She left and we decided to look into whether or not it is still usable. Hmmm. Should have had her stick around to bottle or bag it I say! I started to stir it in the pot getting ready to put it in bags to put in the fridge. (The "stuff" in the bowl had foamed and frothed but had not escaped...and while she was here we stirred the bowl and it was watery under the foam) SO...as I stir the pot it starts to bubble. Bubble like it is boiling over...but it's on my counter. *gasp* Before I know it... POP! It explodes. Now it wasn't a huge explosion. I didn't get covered. But under my cupboards now need wiped. There is twice as much "stuff" all over, and well. I am done. stinking stuff! Litterally. Stinkin' stuff! It REEKED like bad bread and beer. Oh my!
Needless to say... it got tossed. 2 hours of work, driving to PG to pick plus picking time, and I got nuttin'. *sniff* No fruit leather. No jam. No bottled fruit. Good thing I don't like apricots! LOL

4 comments:

Keri

Whoa, that's crazy! I wonder what happened to it... I have no clue. I hope you were able to get it all cleaned up. Yikes!

Jonesy Rae Photography

I thought I was the only one that had these types of mishaps in the kitchen!

Tammy

oh so sad! All that hard work! Darn it! at least you will know for next time right. I have decided life is nothing but a learning experience. You never know what is coming!

Nicole Stoddard

I don't know what happened but if you could duplicate it at Halloween it might make for and interesting Withes Brew!!! Hahahahahahahahaha