Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A week later...

What fun! We all got sicker from there... and Emma ended up with pneumonia! Praises to the antibiotic and steriod inventors at our house! LOL! Cam did really well... *giggle* 'course he's only been off his steriods for a couple of weeks! It was a normal summer cold... it just really got to those of us here that have lower resistance to such things. But aside from a lingering cough or two we are all better! YIPEE!! And we are LOVING this fall air!!

BUT! The BESTEST news I have to share: Caleb is potty training himself. Yep. You read that right. All by himself! One day last week he discovered that he has Lighting McQueen undies in his drawer he can reach now(makes me wish I had rotated the kids drawers sooner! LOL). Then he was watching the news with me and they were talking about a little kangaroo that has been cheering up people in an old folks home... he asked me why it was wearing a diaper. I said, not really thinking about it "it must be because it is a baby kangaroo". He replied that *he* was not a baby and went right up and put on his new undies. (*gulp*) He has had at least one accident a day...but sometimes only one! And we ran out of Pull-ups...so we are *not* turning back!! WAHOODELEEHOO!!! For the 1st time in 11 years I have no kids in diapers!!!! ~~~heaven~~~

So...I have been waiting this morning for a lender to fax me some info for a client and "killing" time and I found this new fall background! Can I just say it is making me SOOO happy!!? I SO love fall!! I love the cooler air. I love the going back to school. I love the holidays and the smells. I love canning with my MIL, and lately my neighbor. I love harvesting and cleaning for winter. I love getting out warmer clothes and putting away summer things. I love starting to think about Christmas gift ideas and what I want to do. I love getting back into the swing of making warm meals for my family. All of it just brings me such joy!! HAPPY FALL!!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie

Heather I love the background. I am glad you are all feeling better. When are we getting together??

Unknown

Love the Fall background. Looks great. So, another go round with what ails ya. Glad you're all feeling better. I love Fall too. Nice that the AC hasn't been on a lot lately. Will be in touch soon to arrange a VT visit.

Laura

The Bundrocks

I'm glad you guys are all feeling better too. I know what you mean. I am just itchin' to design something so as I was laying in bed last night I was thinking of what I could do to design a fall blog background. We'll see... I'd like to decorate my home for fall, but for now the blog will have to do since it's free-just time=)

Grandpas Cook

Hi, Karen Conder here. I am blog surfing and happened upon yours. Mike and I were talking the other day wondering how you were doing. I am so glad to find you.