Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween Company


We were blessed to have a houseful of good friends for the Halloween Holiday! The Sorensen Family came to spend the weekend with us! It was FANTASTIC!
They arrived late on thrusday night and we could barely get the kids settled down! They were SO happy to see each other again! :)

We made yummy applesauce pancakes and fresh eggs for breakfast the next morning. Amy & Austin went to the temple and Jess and I kept all the kids here to play! It was really cold outside... but they played together SO well! We even added a neighbor kid or two! LOL
Life size Candyland on DVD was a huge hit!
Everyone got to play! And with 11 kids in the house... it got loud! LOL
Our "little men" together again! Sam, Caleb & Britton. Caleb was IN HEAVEN!

I wish I could say I took a ton more photos... but we had such a great time I did not even think about it! :P

Friday evening Emma watched all 9 kids (bless her heart and thank you DVD player) while the adults went out to dinner. We enjoyed Carrabba's... oh yeah! So good!

The next morning I joined Amy on a photo shoot of the neighbor's family! I took my camera and played with settings I just learned from my photography class. Here is one or two of my fav's:
We played at the old cabboses in Salem

ha ha! Sorry Aim! Couldn't resist!
They are such a cute family!
On the way home we stopped at the grocery store and picked up all the fixin's for Mummy Hot Dogs. We had lunch and had craft time. By this day (Halloween) it had warmed up enough to send them outside to play! Yeah!
We got them all ready for Halloween and off to the ward trunk or treat we went. The kids had a great time! I ended up facing the sun in the back of the car and within 20 minutes had to go home to lay down and get my heart back in rythum. It was not so fun to have to miss out... but everyone else got to visit all the neighbors for me. (Next year we are doing our Halloween party tradition for the neighborhood again... I liked that better! :) )
We came back to the house and while Jestin and Austin took care of the baby and got the scones cooking... Amy and I took the kids out trick or treating. It was really fun! I haven't been strong enough to go with my kids in over 3 years! I really enjoyed it!

We got back and they were W.I.L.D. with excitement! There was a great piling up of treats and swapage going on! LOL

As it got later Amy got them going some moves to create Zen! Bwahahaha! It was a hoot! The kids LOVED it!

Be the tree. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Meanwhile the little ones were lost to the balloon toys they had gotten.

Cam needed a treatment from running about in the cold outside.

We ate chili and scones and got ready for bed. Well... ok. The kids went to bed. We adults stayed up until we felt cross eyed playing cards. *GRIN*
We all got up and went to church the next morning. It was so sad to see them leave after church and lunch. We really miss them all and can't wait for their quick stop in the Saturday after Thanksgiving on their way home from family's!
Ely is just too far away!!!!!!! LOL

0 comments: