Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I ran away! :)

Last Thursday (the 19th) I received a phone call from my FLYSistah Patty. We had discussed for months about getting together and going to the temple. She lives 45 minutes away... and it just never seemed to work out. Well... both have had some dark times in our lives as of late and she had always said to me (as she works at JetBlue) : If I ever call you and say let's run away... just tell me you would say yes and we would fly away to go sit on the beach in California or somewhere and cry ok? I always laughed and said I would! Of course I would! That's what friends are for right??

Well.. she called and said, " Wanna run away? How does New York sound?" I was in shock and still digesting... that's when she said... "we would leave tomorrow night at 11:40pm!". She offered for me to use her Buddy Passes which would cost me $45 for a pass. We would share a hotel room with her daughter and boyfriend (daughter was taking boyfriend to NY for his B-day and it made more sense to stay overnight - so we were "chaperoning").

Yep! Jestin told me to go! He said it was a once in a lifetime adventure and he basically didn't let me back out! ('cause well... I always WANTED to go to New York... but I never really THOUGHT about going to New York and I was a little nervous to say the least!) LOL

We packed a backpack, and off we went! It was only my second time flying...EVER (the first was a quick hop to Reno for Jestin to attend a convention 10+ yrs ago) so IT WAS SO EXCITING!!!

Towards the middle of the flight Patty showed me the channel I could watch to see where we were and how high etc. I was pumped! I had been watching out the window as the lights seemed to suddenly disappear and had wondered where we were...

TADA! We are passing over the Great Lakes Now! (isn't that so cool??)


And we were going 556 mph at an altitude of 34,887 ft! Wicked cool to think about! I LOVE TO FLY!!!
I kept checking our status and location after that... It was fun! Plus... even though it was an all night flight and I should have been sleeping... Um... yeah... excited! Nervous! On an airplane that hits turbulence here and there! Seat that didn't recline. Yeah. No. I didn't sleep. LOL

I think this is a photo of Pennsylvania...

And we start our decent just a bit...

Welcome to the east coast Heather! You haven't been here since you were a small child!

Watch out New York City! Here we come!!!!!!!!

0 comments: