Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Calling

Jestin received a new calling. He kind of knew it was coming... only because he was in the bishopric meeting where his name came up (the joys of being the assist. ward clerk) and he was then asked to leave. A few days later he got a call from the Stake President's office.

He is feeling completely inadequate and unqualified for this position. It has been a long week to say the least! LOL

Jestin has been called as the new Elder's Quorum President.

I must admit it has been a call full of blessings already. When the Stake Pres. asked if he would accept the call he could barely get his answer out. But as he did, a really neat thing happened! The only way I can describe it is that a conduit from heaven opened up and rested upon Jestin. He seemed full of light. He was asked to seek revelation and select his counselors in less than 2 days time. He was diligent in seeking them. He and I reviewed the ward list and he came up with 13 names. He then carried that list around with him in his pocket all the next day. Later in the afternoon he asked me to go with him to the temple to be sure...

It was hard to get there in the first place (isn't it always when you are trying to go?)... and then we went clear to the AF temple (our favorite) and it was closed for cleaning! We decided to drive to the new one around the point of the mountain and missed the last session by mere minutes! It was a long wait... but the whole session was worth it. He knew without a shadow of a doubt who should be called - even though he did not know either man very well.

On the way home we stopped at the bishop's work and Jestin presented the names. He got complete approval. He then called the Stake Exec. Secretary and gave them to him. It was amazing, but after the names were passed on... the light seemed to lessen. It was not as intense as before. It was an amazing experience I will treasure always!

The men and women that are called to work in this church are TRULY called of God. I *know* it with all my heart. And though I still am in awe that Jestin is called at this time - I know it is Heavenly Father who needs what he can give right now.

The light returned in full force when Jestin was set apart on Sunday. He seems to have more spirit to him than he did before. I don't know if that makes ANY sense! Really though... he just does.

I have been blessed with some quiet whisperings of my own in regards to my responsibilities in this new calling as well. I am called to tend to our home and family. I am called to keep our home "a home of order" so that Jestin can receive revelation here. I am called to be his support and pick up his slack as he has picked up mine the last few years. And I am excited to do so. I look forward to giving to him... as he has given so much to me. :)

We are so utterly humbled and thankful for the opportunity to have our family sacrifice and serve this ward. We have been given so much... and it is truly a tender gift to be able to give back. We love the people of this ward and look forward to getting to know more and more of them. We just pray we are "enough"... but we know with the Lord, and the help of all those around us, all things are possible! :)

5 comments:

Keri

Congrats & best wishes. I'm sure he'll do so well. Who are his counselors?

The Manwaring Family

Congrats Heather! (I found your blog on your FB) Jess has always been a great guy. He will do a great job. You will also be blessed with this new calling. The best of luck to you both!

kimbob

that is so cool and Jestin will do an awesome job. It was so cool to read of your experience with all of this. You guys will be blessed and supported from all levels!

Blair and Cindy

Can I just say Goosebumps!!! ;D He was definitely called of God and you all will be blessed! You will both be wonderful in this new calling. :)

Tammy

congrats, although it will be a lot of work! he'll be great! i love testimony builders like that.