Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thank you PBS Kids!

The other day as I was working at my computer, I let Caleb play on his Daddy's laptop on PBSkids.com. He loves Super Why and all the games on that site! He asked if he could "make a book of pictures" for his best friend Jesse. I gave him paper and crayons and he used the computer chair as his desk. I was busy with my back to him when he made a very disgruntled sound. I turned around to see what the dilema was and was SHOCKED!! This is what he had written!!

He was upset because the "e" wasn't the right way! HE HAS NEVER WRITTEN A LETTER IN HIS LIFE!!!!! He is 4! He can't write his name... and he is just barely learning his letters!! I was so surprised!! He had copied the words off of the website he had been playing on! And he was upset about the E ?? LOL I know a certain 2nd grader who STILL gets his E's not quite right! :)

I made a huge deal out of it, texting to Jesse's mom and his grandma the picutre of it and reading to him their responses and we hung it on the fridge like Grover reccomends ;) ... well... so cool! Now he wants to copy letters all the time! What a fun LEAP in his development! He is learning to write his name as we speak! LOL! And his mommy is just so excited for his new found interest in learning! *GRIN*

0 comments: