Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Someone Nominated ME??

This darling store here in SF had a promotion for Valentine's Day.
They even posted it in the local newspaper:
Nominate someone who you believe really deserves it,
and they will give a new outfit and hairstyle to the winner entry for Valentine's Day!
I was in the hospital the first time they left a message.
And the second.
And healing the 3rd and 4th.
And then I got a message on Facebook.
And then another one.

I kind of kept ignoring them because
#1 - I didn't even know about their contest
#2 - I thought maybe it was a scam
And #3 - I was a little preoccupied with my health LOL

Finally I called them back.
Yep.
It was TRUE!
Some very sweet person, wrote an essay about how I was a person who deserved a new outfit and pampering for Valentine's Day!
WHAT??
Really??
 I wish I knew what they had said to make me the winner, or even who it was!

I know that person will never know how much this meant to me.

The last month has been extremely rough for me.

And to go and play like I have a normal everyday life,
 and can buy a new outfit "just because" for ME (and not the kids) was like a fairy tale! 
Despite my recent weight loss (due to health) there was not a ton that I could fit into in that darling boutique... but it was really fun to try stuff on and wear things that were frilly and girly! 
The gals there are AMAZING!
And their stuff is just DARLING!
They finally helped me pick out a new pair of jeans, this aqua top, and a lacy black tank to go over it!

Top it off with my most favorite part - a long necklace with daisies - and I felt gorgeous! 
I came home and made Jes take me out to eat for a date with our last gift card!
*GRIN*
I couldn't be all dressed up with no where to go!
Bwahahaha

May God bless whomever it was that picked my name and entered it into their contest!
I am still completely humbled and shocked!
What an incredibly kind thing to do!!

1 comments:

Suzie

You look ADORABLE! I can't wait to see the whole look in person! That necklace is super cute, the aqua shirt and the black top are all so flattering on you! YAY!!!!!