Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Randomness by me

It's been a while.
I mean a long while.
I have every excuse in the book to list why I am not posting and keeping up on this blog of ours... but none really do it justice. I truly have just let other things take precedence.
And that is ok too I suppose. :)

Here are some quick highlights from our household... and hopefully I will get the past posts with pictures up asap ;)

  • HUGE milestone on the stroke recovery front: Number processing is back! I was sitting in my Math 1010 Chapter 3 Test and was about 4 questions in, when WHAM-O! There is was!! The pathway in my brain was blazed!! I whipped out that test in 30 minutes... and got a 100%!!!!!! I sobbed all the way home! I *knew* I knew how to DO the math... that wasn't it... it was just like trying to keep a speeding-freight-train-on-its-track to hold more than 3-4 numbers at a time in my head! And then, poof! Just like that... it was there! A-mazing!! I still am just SOOO utterly thankful!
  • The next day I did my math homework... Prior to the pathway healing, I was taking anywhere from 3-4 hours (once in a while up to 5 hours) just to accomplish 10-12 homework problems. (I know... it sounds like I am kidding huh?  Really, I am not... it was rough!) That next morning... I did a set of 12 problems in 30 minutes and another set of 12 problems in 40 minutes! I really just can't believe the difference! And the joy I feel! YEA!!!!!!!!
  • And ya know... I thought I might be a little insane to take 13 credits this semester... but now that math homework isn't taking me a full day, 3 days a week, the rest is cake! As long as I manage my time and balance housework with homework I am good! :) It is a lot of fun and I love my classes!
  • Emmalee was in a play at school. It was called "The Curious Savage". She did great and it was super cute! Will post pics soon!
  • Caleb has started a "book group" with my friend, Laurie, in our ward, and it really makes him feel important to go... which in turn is increasing his desire to read. He is getting better every day and I am so very proud of him! We are also almost half way through the Book of Mormon for him... he gets baptized in just 6 months!
  • Cameron and Emmalee started piano lessons this school year. Our good friend Annie Mead teaches them. They are both loving it and practice a ton! BTW - we are babysitting Laurie's piano and that really helps! We love it! Guess I better start saving my pennies huh? LOL
  • Jestin has finally slowed down at his job. He started with this company in April... and worked 60-70 hours a week with only Sunday's off clear up until Labor Day weekend. He is trashed, burned out, just plain bone tired. They did give him 2 days off when Brent and family were here in July (pictures to come), and I made him take Labor Day Weekend off to go camping with his family (pictures to come). He is looking for another job. They have started laying people off, and he wants to get a job before he looses his job. This job has been HUGELY beneficial to our financial recovery from the last few years and we are very thankful! We are just ready for that long-term job he can settle into for years to come. (Oh! I can't wait!!)
  • Oh! And speaking of settling in... his desire for a new job SOON intensified after Conference weekend! (And I need to hit the books hard and finish my schooling ASAP) Both Em and Cody were excited to learn that they can go missions sooner than planned... and I spent most of the weekend feeling very blessed and kind of sad with non-stop tear trickles (it AWESOME!)... they both can leave just months apart if they want... in a quick 4 1/2 years!! I will "loose" half my little brood in less than 5 years! That really has put Jes and I in planning mode. There is much we want to accomplish and DO with them before they start leaving home... time to get some goals on and some plans going! And we both will probably have to work to support them through their missions so we need to get that squared away as well :) It is nice to have a solid family plan ahead of us :) and I am so stinkin' proud of these two and the lives they are leading! How did I get such fantastic kiddos??
Well... I better get to bed. I have class all day tomorrow and don't want to more tired than usual! Have a great night all!

0 comments: