Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Spoils

I have had an awesome time this fall!! My heart has stood up quite well to some marathon canning/preserving sessions and with the help of Amy & Zuli we have accomplished much!!

(notice the date on the lids: 1986)
Thanks to my Great Grandma's old shed I ended up with multiple bottles and lids, an old strainer that works wonderfully and a desire to learn more about her by emmulating her...

I have two dehydrators... found one at DI!! The extra trays are a life saver! I have dried multiples of peaches, pears and apples,

and made pear leather!

We have made enchilada sauce (yum!) Pearsauce, spiced peach jam, tomato juice,

Apple Pie filling and my all time favorite... Pear Honey!!

I have also been hitting the sales... and my pantry is bursting with goodness!


I used coupons from http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/ and got 8 bags of cereal for free! YIPEE!!

As I went to the store today I noticed that prices on everything are inching higher and higher. Makes me all the more grateful for the deals and work I have invested in my little pantry.

I can't wait to start apples again next week! Jess wants more dried apples and peaches. *grin* We love them!

7 comments:

Miriam

Wow you are good! I just canned for the first time and really enjoyed it. Granted I only did 12quarts of chicken but it is a start. Good job on stocking up. :)

Steff

Hooray, a fellow PYPer! That is the best website to get GREAT deals. My pantry is always overflowing because of it. It's fun huh?

Keri

Wow! You are simply inspiring and amazing!!

Mardi and Jeremey

Good job! I love pinchingyourpennies! Amber Horton and I are going to be canning grape juice next week or so. Do you know where to find mason jars? I went two weeks ago and everyone was sold out.

Jonesy Rae Photography

My jaw is hanging at the amount of food in your pantry. I'm jealous!!

~~heather

I wish I could tell you!! They have had tons of them... but now they are scarce! I would call around to see if anyone has anymore. I got some extras at Walmart & Amy found some at DI. Have so much fun doing juice!!
~~heather

Unknown

Took advantage of Maceys Case Lot sale did you? Looks impressive. You inspire me to reorganize my much smaller pantry. I buy two of everything when I go shopping. It helps add to the storage supply slowly. Good work Heather. You will have to give me a taste of the pear honey next time we VT you.

Laura