Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Randomness

So...here is some randomness rolling about in my head.

We are taking the kids somewhere very special and they dont even know about it!! They wont know about it until we load them in the car following an after school scavenger hunt. They are completely clueless...and I am completely E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!! I can barely contain myself!! I feel like am trying to keep myself from jumping out of my skin most days!! We have 8 days to departure. I think my closest friends are SICK of hearing about it... but keeping it bottled up is t-o-r-t-u-r-e! I have barely been posting because it consumes my mind - and not that any of you would - but having it out there for common knowledge makes a slip-up-of-tounge all the more likely - and it has been too well planned for it not to succeed in making the yells and shouts and cries of sheer joy missable! ACK! After the family life we have lived, having a sick mom day in and day out, I am SO SO SO excited to give back some childhood to these little ones of mine!! I am so excited to have a good long PLAY! I am excited to finally follow through with the vacation we have planned 4 times now, only to have my health take precidence over it. I am so excited to have it be about them... and not about me. This will be the vacation of a lifetime for my little ones... and credit card charges for gas and food aside... it will be WORTH EVERY MINUTE!!

I have been cleaning my house like a mad woman. Not just the surface weekly cleaning, but the deep-down-make-it-shine clean. On the 13th it will be 2 years since we moved into our new home. I love this house. I feel so deeply and unexplainably blessed/spoiled to have this home be ours. We consider this our lucky home. We moved in on Friday October 13th. No bad luck there! LOL! We have 13 stairs. We had barely recovered from the unemployment years when this opportunity came up! And after a home that made our children super sick and suffer - we jumped. And we will never look back!

And so I am cleaning...

I used to deep clean ('cause it was easy) every week for the first 9 months we lived here! Never a week went by when my shower wasn't washed and the bathrooms weren't clean! I touched up each paint knick when they happened and the baseboards were washed weekly too. I was able to keep up really easy. After a solid year of the kids & Jess doing most of the cleaning after I started having heart troubles again - well you can imagine the deep dirt/ damage there is. Not to say I am not grateful for their help... it just has not been to "Mom's Standard" - and Mom could do nothing about it. *sigh*

And so I have been cleaning...

5 hours yesterday carpet cleaning the stairs. (no wonder they charge so much to do them professionally! (though they dont have only a little green machine! LOL- ugh!)) They were disgusting.

Next on my TO-DO's:

  • Moldings & walls to scrub
  • Touch up paint throughout
  • Floors to hand scrub
  • Fridge to pull out and clean on, in and behind
  • Counter-tops and cupboards - done!
  • 3 bathrooms to DEEP clean... and they are disgusting! LOL!
  • Windows to wash - inside and out
  • Bedding for all to be washed and re-made
  • Clothes to rotate through (summer to winter and clothes that don't fit = out!)
  • Front porch to spray down
  • Lawn to mow, weeds to pull etc
  • Oven to clean - cleaning as I type *wink*
  • Major dusting to do from floor to ceiling
  • Clean fish tank
  • Wash couch coverings and vacuum them
  • Wash all rugs throughout home
  • Carpet clean the hallway and the boys room
  • Carpet clean the livingroom
  • Carpet clean the Master bathroom
  • Clean mirrors throughout home
  • Clean Laundryroom, wipe down machines
  • Blinds, blinds, blinds.
  • Ceiling fans
  • Furnace filters changed
  • Smoke alarm batteries changed
I like this list! *grin* Granted it looks merely like a fall/spring cleaning list...*giggle* but I have a week or so to accomplish these and I am going to inlist help from Jess and the kids (obviously) but having our home back to new feel will be divine! Plus it will keep me DISTRACTED!! TEE HEE HEE!! Off I go! I have much to do! *wink*

4 comments:

Keri

I wanna know where you're going! Of course, I could probably make a good guess, but who knows, I could be wrong. How exciting!!

And all that cleaning...many of those things are also what I need to be doing, but oh, I'm so unmotivated right now. You are simply amazing!

~~heather

HINT: Look at the bottom of my blog. *grin*

Unknown

I remember a few years ago when the Evensen (from the old ward) packed up their two kids without their knowledge and did the same thing. The kids didn't know where they were going until they were in CA! "Hey kids get in the car. We need to run some errands." AWESOME IDEA!

Your list makes me tired. :)

Lily

Heather your a crazy women, but I like it!