Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, July 31, 2009

Dear Mr. President Obama

Mr. President,I am a mother of 4 children. Three of them have severe asthma and have been in and out of the hospital numerous times in their lives. My husband is a type I Diabetic. I have heart issues and thyroid issues, recently having had heart surgery. In pursue of the American Dream, as small business owners, and with our medical histories, we do not qualify for health insurance. My children are on our state's CHIP program, but we still pay out over $600/mo just to keep my husband and I alive with medications. We have spent thousands upon thousands in medical care costs. We would greatly benefit from some kind of health care assistance.

However...I wanted to beg of you... do not take away our GOD GIVEN RIGHT to choose by putting this health care plan into hasty acceptance. PLEASE take the time to evaluate other options. OPTIONS. Choices! FREEDOM! THIS is what America stands for! Not sweeping legislation that forces everyone into the same pin and feeds us the same slop!

Our country is struggling. We as common place American's with $600/month in medication costs are STRUGGLING!! If you allow this to pass willy-nilly we will be left without our dreams, we will be stripped of our integrity as human beings in the wisdom & freedom to choose. Our business will fail, it will never grow, as we will never be able to afford the employees we would need to expand!!

Mr. President, PLEASE consider further ideas and plans that those of us without health insurance can CHOOSE to be a part of!! Do not force us! My family needs health insurance. We do. But we will not seek it at the cost of everyone around us loosing their rights and freedoms to controlled by the government in every aspect. That is completely unfair and NON-American! DO NOT DO THIS TO OUR COUNTRY!! I beg of you.

Sincerely,
Heather L. Dorius

I sent this out today. It is not as eloquent as it could be. But I HAD to speak up. Even if it will be completely ignored...

1 comments:

The Bischoff's

GOOD for you girl!! I'm so sorry for all your struggles! I hope it all works out for you! I'm proud of you for sending that out though!!! :)