Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dorius Family Update

So... it has been a while since you have gotten any "meat" of a post from me... I know. I know. It's summer... and that's all I have to say about that! LOL

Jestin has had very little work. Times are tough. Somehow we trudge along, and though we have had a couple of completely hopeless days, we are happy, healthy and have faith in the principle of tithing. Jess has been finishing up the last few items on the coop, keeping up with the garden, taking care of kids and being a good hubby all the way around.

I have been very busy with Real Estate. It is SUCH a blessing. (Can't wait for at least ONE of them to actually pay though! LOL!) We listed a Million Dollar Home in Provo, as well as a $68k Mobile home in Kearns. (We are covering the spectrum man! *wink*) (Anyone know of anyone looking in those price ranges?? *giggle*) Have 4+ active clients looking for homes right now, a few of which are under contract, but with short sales so that doesnt mean much. I have shown homes or listed homes everyday for over a week and a half. It is very encouraging! The bummer part is I feel like I have not seen my family but for a few moments here and there, the laundry is all clean - just in a huge pile on the bedroom floor, the house is falling down around my ears, and I haven't spoken to any family or friends for enjoyment in days and days. I feel like I am either on the computer working (except now... 'common! cut me some slack!tee hee) or gone. But! we have done well in either Jess or I home with the kids most of the time. A few days this last week I have deeply craved to "turn off" Realtor and/or JWD Electric Office Manager and just be Mom. I know it is just a season though... and I am SO SO SO very thankful for the work that I am not complaining by any means!

Emmalee is taking the brunt of the busy. She has been my saving grace. She gets meals and keeps an eye on kids. Yesterday was awesome for her! She got to go the city pool for the 1st time ever alone... she and her girlfriend Jessica spent the afternoon just playing there and being kids. It was so good for her! She so deserved it! She is a little sunburned on one side... but what's a little sun for a day of fun? eh? She loves to relax in front of the TV... and it has been a little discouraging for her since we turned off the cable to save some pennies.

Cody is good. He turns 10 next week. He wants to go camping for his birthday. He takes such good care of all the pets and plants around here... he saves me that way too! LOL He is itching to get back to school work. We are all feeling that way a bit. Summer has been too instructured for us all. He loves to garden with me and help Dad with the chickens. I think a slight vegetarian personality is emerging in him. He's not loving meat of any kind, but can eat veggies out of the garden all day long (as I type he is standing at the kitchen counter eating the peas out of the collander that Jestin just picked)

Cameron is LOVING summer! He loves to play with his friends, Caleb too! And both of them would be out the door at 9am to play if I would let them. They are up trying to clean up their disaster bedroom since they had friends over and then let them leave without helping. Hard lesson. Cam is excelling in his reading. We started letting all the kids have turns when we read scriptures and he has REALLY done well with it! He knows some pretty big words! It's great!

Caleb is Caleb. He is busy as ever. He loves his friends. He wants to have fun all the time. The other night he told us at scripture time he couldn't stand it 'cause it was just too boring for him. LOL. He loves summer.

Now that it is getting hot my heart has started acting up. There have been some hard days, but over all I am great! Jestin's eye is still not good, but he can see fine with the other one and it seems to be compensating for the bad one. We have enjoyed a few miracles around here with "the windows of heaven" and well... life is good. There is joy. And our family is eternal...

What more...really??... do we need? *GRIN*

1 comments:

Tammy

there are always ups and downs in life and although money may be down, your spirits still seem to be high! And you are such a good blogger! I don't see how you manage!