Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 16, 2009

I am alive... at least I think I am...

I can't even begin to describe this last week. I have sobbed uncontrollably. I have shouted for joy. I have been so angry I couldn't see straight. I have begged for the light of Father in Heaven to ease the crushing feelings. I have felt guilt upon guilt for what I should be able to do and can't. I have pushed and shoved and given it all my heart and soul. I have left my kids to fend for themselves while I try to do the things I *have* to do right now. I have tucked my kids in only to have only seen them for that brief moment all day long. I have not been truthful to my husband about how I really am feeling, just to avoid the lecture about not doing the things that I have no choice but to do. I have thrown my hands up in despair and decided that I can't care about one more thing. I have screamed into my pillow that I cannot do one more thing! I have had such huge changes happen that nothing will ever be the same, and had not a breath of real time to mourn for it. I have felt Heavenly Father's blessings and love pour out upon me and give me hope. Hope! I have witnessed the pain of others and realized my trials are so trivial in comparison. I have found great joy in a gospel lesson given to my kids that they *got* for Family Home Evening. I have feared. I have had faith. I have wanted to walk away. I have wanted to fight for all it is worth. I have cared a little too much. I have held it all in a little too much. And already... I have shared just a little too much. And none of it is really anything I can or want to talk about anyway.

Tonight...is it too much to ask? I just want off this rollercoaster. Really I do. But that is not on the horizon. Not any time soon. And I am suppose to be counting my blessings... naming them one by one...

1... It could be so much worse.

2... It has been so much worse.

3... I am sure I am not alone in these feelings that no one ever really expresses... because well... we are suppose to be strong and have faith... Aren't we?

3 comments:

Unknown

AMEN to all of the above...just hang in there.

mamaerica

Big ((((hugs)))) to you my friend. Praying and loving you and willing to listen if you want. Or just be. You are loved.

Tammy

I second that entire thing. Life is really rough right now and hopefully it can only get better.