Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We're Baaaaaacckkkk! :)

Hi! We, at the newly named Dorius Academy, (lol), are glad to be back at it! We have had a fabulously lazy summer, partly due to no funds to do anything, and partly due to how very busy I have been with Real Estate (which is starting to remedy the prior). We have not done anything to prepare for the new school year yet, though we are trying!

Cody and I spent today trying to get our home school room/JWD office organized and re-arranged. Sadly... our vacuum bit the dust and after over an hour of trying and failing, we are graciously allowing the blessed appliance to enjoy it's demise and withdrawing some savings to go get a new one. Nothing fancy today... but at this point anything is better than nothing! LOL

Tomorrow we are starting review in his workbooks from last year. This is the curriculum we have. *grin* We are on the waiting list/waiting for approval for k12, an online/at home program that will give Cody all his grades school work etc for us to do here at home. We are excited.

He has also signed up for some part time classes at the charter school in the mean time as well. He will be taking: Violin, Art, Science Lab, Computer Lab, Creative Writing (the Novel way) and Reader's Theatre. He will be gone all day on Tuesday for that! It is shaping up to be a wonderful school year!

Emma and Cam both decided to return to public school this year. I am happy for them, and know it is what they need. :) We will miss them... but I know they will do awesome!

As far as an update, Cody is doing marvelously! I can barely believe the change in him. His Father in Heaven sure knows what he needs. Though I had many treat me like I had 6 heads for pulling him out of public school to "improve his social skills", by following that prompting we have seen tremendous results. Cody is articulate, social, the comedian he used to be, interactive and is enjoying exploring who he is and what he wants. I am so thankful we were drawn to this decision. I have my Bubba back!

1 comments:

Tammy

Good luck with everything. I am sure it will be a little easier with only one kid doing homeschool. The Lord knows best, though! I am hoping to be better with Broc and Bailey this school year. I want to do so much, but haven't taken the time. I understand how crazy things are! Again, good luck!