Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, September 25, 2009

You know those moments when you are awake at 1am and wonder what you doing with your life? Well... this brought me back to my thoughts on what I want... and in turn got me thinking about what I am thankful for. And boy howdy if I don't get some of these things expressed I think I may pop!
And so... if you are feeling really bored and want to know how my heart and mind work here is my small list of things I am thankful for.... of course not all inclusive *by any means*

* First and foremost for a wonderful husband who sets a great example for me. He often shows me who I would like to be. He is always quick to answer the call when anyone needs anything - regardless of how inconvienent or unavailable he really is. He loves to help others. It is in his very essense.
* For the chance to live my life without fear.
* For the gospel that reminds me that *yes* I am imperfect, but that as long as I repent try to do what little I am asked to do (which really bless me in the long run anyway!) and keep trying each time I fall, Jesus Christ CAN make up the difference if I let him. I will be the first to admit how short I fall on a daily basis of who I could/should/want to be... but what comfort to know I am a child of a loving, tender parent, of a God who listens to my woes and whines and likely smiles and thinks to himself, "just wait my child, it will all work out in the end".
* For the free apples my mom sent home and for the free tomatoes Jestin's sweet grandparents sent home... My pantry is being filled with yummy things!
* For the window cleaning mop thingy I bought almost a year ago and finally used today. I can't believe it! All the windows on our main level are clean... and it only took me the 20 minutes I had between being home from errands and picking up preschoolers! SWEET! A new favorite toy!
* My Camper... I went out to get a griddle today and the smell of it made my heart leap. I LOVE spending time with my family in there! Even if it is just for Family Home Evening games because the power went out! I feel so blessed!
* For my friends. I have some many friends on so many levels. Each one of you that read this blog are dear to me. I feel blessed to know I am not alone on this crazy journey of life.
* For my soft warm bed, and Jestin's warm feet to rub my cold ones on.
* For Maria's sister April. Words do not convey the joy and happiness her weekly stop in's mean to me.
* For my little Sophia. She is the best little dog. I love that she is a cuddler.
* For my little Sadie (aka Zoey) - she teaches me patience and long suffering! LOL And her playfulness is fun.
* For Caleb and his speech problems. I love hearing him say zuchinni (ateenee) and guacamole (a-ta-lo-lolly) He is so darn cute!

My heart just feels full. My gratitude runnest over...

2 comments:

Lily

Great post. It always makes me feel better to make a list of all the good things/blessings I have too!

Nicole Stoddard

Heather, you're awesome. Thank you for being such a Christlike example.