Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, February 12, 2010

Well... I did it!!

I gave up Farmville. Yep. Important stuff I know. But it was hard to make myself do!

I was addicted. I liked gettting sucked in multiple times a day to check my animals or crops or to accept fake gifts from my friends so they didn't pile up. It was like an email inbox that I had to keep cleaned out. And it was something I could completely control.

And I felt guilt about it! A virtual farm!! I felt like I was "getting behind"... hello? Getting behind?

I am feeling such peace about my decision. I have felt prompted to let it go for a couple of weeks now. It's so easy when things aren't going right or you are feeling sad to disappear into a game like that, one that you can be "sucessful" at and ignore your life! I had no idea.

I had fought the invites to join the game for quite some time. I know myself. I know that I like to be organized and perfectionistic. And in this game I could! OH! Bad combo...

I feel free today. Free from guilt, or feeling like it was "something important on my to-do list". I can use that free time to actually GO SEE a friend... or read a book (or my scriptures a little more)... or call a friend! I can be a better ME. :) As we were taught in the Women's conference I love to hear over and over... I am choosing the better part.

Now I can get back to feelin' guilt for not doing laundry, ironing or cleaning my house! If only I could stack my children in neat little rows and "harvest" them a couple of times a week... and it would all be a perfect world! Bwahahahaha!!!! :D

0 comments: