Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

We have been a busy busy busy family as of late. Our talks went well I think. Everyong kept saying they liked them... so I guess that is good. I feel like mine may have been a little more in depth about my own testimony than maybe it should have? I probably should have used prophets counsels a little more instead - I dont know though - my own testimony seemed to fit best. Anyway... it's over and I hope it was what Heavenly Father would have wanted.


Monday we had family night. Cam taught us on the importance of the sacrament. He did a good job. It's fun to see how quickly they learn and understand. I am so thankful for FHE because they "learn" it so well when they teach it! :) We had some left over icecream for a treat (cleaned out the almost empty cartons from the freezer (yea for mom!) and Caleb was so proud of "his treat" - you know - because I let him get them out of the freezer! Bwaahahaha!

Tuesday I attended a Real Estate class most of the day and Jestin stayed home and took down Christmas lights. (STILL no work this week! :( If ANY of you have ANY electrical you can afford to have done - please call the man! He is feeling so "unneeded and useless") I was home for about an hour and then headed for my CERT training class where we learned our medical responsibilities as a CERT. It was heartbreaking to think if there is a huge event I may have to choose who gets what help and when. *gulp* Reality BITES! I had nightmares all night. Jestin woke up with me during one of the nightmares and asked if he could give me a blessing. I was so thankful. I still didn't sleep well... but at least the nightmares calmed down a bit!

Yesterday, we tore into our bedroom. We re-arranged furniture, evicted the TV and tower speakers to be sold, fixed the blinds, cleaned the ceiling fan and set up the hand-me-down treadmill so I can continue strengthening my heart (THANKYOU BISHOP CURTIS & MARIA!!!). The kids love it too... and so do the dogs! LOL
Sadee has walked many half miles since we brought it home! Go Pup!!
Last night Jestin attended the workshop for Small Businesses offered by the church. He said he hopes they get a little deeper into the meat and give him some good workable info in the next few classes (they are every week like my CERT classes) since last night was how to start your business! LOL.
Today I am headed out for a girls day with my visiting teachers! (FUN!) But we have to be back by 4pm for a special event at Cam's school. Then after that I really really really want to attend Bro. Wells gardening classes he is starting tonight and running for 4 weeks.
Tomorrow we are headed out to see Cam's favorite friend, Ema, get baptized. The boys are SO SO SO excited to see their best friends! We have this HUGE guilt for going when we things are so horribly tight, but I set aside funds to go a long time ago... and I feel like this is more important. Cam needs to be there for Ema and the other kids miss each other so! This is memories... and well... I think memories are more important in some cases. Call me irresponsibile if you must. LOL
Should be a good time. I just dont know when I am going to get church clothes ironed and the rest of the house picked up so I feel like I can go without leaving a disater in our wake! tee hee... I guess if we die in a firey crash on the way there or back... one of you will come in and burn my house down for me right? bwahahahaha!
I really enjoy weeks like this where we feel busy and involved. It makes sadness and discouragement harder to catch... appearantly these are slower emotions that can't catch up very well with "anxiously engaged". *GRIN* Such great commandments we are given!

3 comments:

Keri

I promise not to call you irresponsible...sometimes those kinds of things are necessities! Now that you ask, it reminds me. A few weeks ago, one of our light switches made a popping noise & let off white smoke when it was turned on...I meant to ask, but obviously forgot about it. The light still works. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Tammy

is the gardening class just you ward? I love gardening classes! I feel your pain with all the business though!

Blair and Cindy

Your talk was wonderful! You were being led by the Spirit and that's the way it's supposed to be!

Have a safe trip!