Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello. Remember me?

I am so not doing very well at blogging anymore! I have so much to say... so much good stuff going on... and pictures... oh the pictures! But I come to this site, think of "where do I start?" and walk away again! I feel overwhelmed! I let my perfectionism kick in and take over.

I used to struggle with this in my homemaking skills and organizational skills. Many years ago, I found a new and upcoming mentor, who now is quite well known. FLYLady  became a great asset to my life almost 10 years ago. I joined her when she had less than 10,000 followers. I joined an online support group here in my area, and quickly met some of my very most dearest friends, the "FLYSistahs". We have waded through the toughest of the tough together. I also exposed my aunt Becky to FLYLady, and years ago, through the new and cool Yahoo IM service, we would take the 15 minute challenges and come back and report! FLYLady has taught me some great skills... and really blessed my life.

"You can do anything for 15 minutes"

"You are not behind! Jump in where you are!"

"Baby Steps!"

"Put out your 'hot spots' "

& "Shine your sink everyday"

Now I have to admit, when I joined the group, FLYLady was a lot tougher on us than she is now. She did not put up with whining. We have COMPLETE control over how we want our homes and lives to go and she had not patience for "stinking thinking" as she called it.

I have slipped back into letting my perfectionism take away my ability to do those baby steps, those 15-minute blitzes of what I really WANT to do anyway. I am not out of control in my homemaking and organizational life... those are a constant work in progress, and I am really pretty good at keeping up on them.

It is my love of and desire for blogging. I love to blog! And I am going to do it! Even if I only do 15 minutes here and there, this once a month thing is NOT how I want my blog life to go. And I need to take back my drive to accomplish and not let my lack of seeing it done perfectly, RIGHT NOW, stop me in my tracks any more! *wink*

So... if you want to try FLYLady out... may I suggest you start small. Set goals. Then once you have shined your sink for a couple of weeks, sign up for her zone missions. Seriously.... if you work through them... you will find yourself in a much less choatic home, with some real ambition to see yourself succeed. I promise. Just don't try to do it all at once. It takes many many weeks for something to become a habit.

Wish me luck.

And now my 15 minutes are up... and... "I'll be back!" :)

0 comments: