Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A WEEK OF THANKSGIVING

Each day for this week up to Thanksgiving, I am going to list 10 things each day that I am thankful for:

  1. I am thankful for a good friend who needed to talk, so I had a good excuse to go window shopping and eat a frozen yogurt with her. Thanks so much for your friendship and always loving me...even when *I* am onry. *grin*
  2. I am thankful for homemade chicken noodle soup. My little girl is sick and has been asking for it for weeks. I finally made it for her to help her feel better and it was perfect for a cold fall evening.
  3. I am thankful for my new ward cookbook, and the breadstick recipe that my friend Steph put in there. Seriously! I could eat the whole pan! YUM!
  4. I am thankful that Jes has been working on my FLYSistah Norma's basement. It has been a huge blessing for us right now.
  5. I am thankful that a collector is willing to work with us, and that even though it is not so cool to have an account in collections, I also know when we are done with it, it will be that much less bondage we are in. And it feels good to have it almost settled.
  6. I am thankful for a dear friends email this week. I have missed her... a ton.
  7. I am thankful for my new pillow. We had to splurge and get a new pillow for Caleb (since he puked on his). They had one on a gonga sale at ShopKo, so we got it, even though it was too fluffy for Caleb. I gave him mine and I took the new one so he didn't have to be mad it was too big. It is PERFECT! No heartburn... and a good nights sleep. Heaven!
  8. I am thankful for my computer working well again. I am thankful to the brilliant men in our lives that know how to get it to behave. This baby has to last a while longer! *wink*
  9. I am thankful for my abilities. Often I get discouraged and feel like I can do so little, but really, I am able to do a lot and I need to remember the glass is half FULL!  :)
  10. I am so thankful that I have not gone back into full A-fib since my heart surgery. The bad heart days, I will take, as long as I don't have to fear for my life or face cardioverson. It seems this time of year reminds me of how blessed I really am when I think of the year of setting up the Christmas tree/Pink Eye and my last major bout of A-fib from it. I never want to do that again! LOL And soo... I am THANKFUL! OH SO THANKFUL! :)

0 comments: