Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ironing

I have a love/hate relationship with ironing. I *love* having freshly ironed clothes. I *hate* actually doing it.

I think that I rebel against the fact that it needs done until every item we own that needs ironed is in a pile calling my name.

I spent almost all of yesterday afternoon ironing the over 25 items that needed it. There were shirts (all the male people of the houses church shirts), some skirts of Emma's (that she no longer fits in *blush*), 3 pairs of Capri's of mine that I just put into the summer clothes box to be ironed next summer (bwahahaha) and a scout shirt, some pillow cases etc. How silly!

If I just DID it when I had one or two items...? I would only need 15-20 minutes tops.

But...No. I don't.

I never really learned how to iron, so I just pretend I know what I am doing. Does anyone else have trouble getting the tops of the shoulder's to look well ironed? I am sure there is a marvelous trick for this...that someone out there knows! LOL
BUT! YEE-HAW!! ALL my ironing is done.
My ironing board is put away.
My iron is put away.
And my closets have nicer looking clothes in them again.

AHHH... the peace that comes from the completion of a job you have been avoiding!! I LOVE IT! *GRIN*

0 comments: