Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cam got his Wolf!

Ok... I must admit... I had been feeling TERRIBLY guilty since my stroke in December. Cameron had just a requirement or three left at Thanksgiving in order to receive his Wolf badge before his birthday in Jan. We had planned to work on them during the month of December. As you can imagine, it got back-burnered in a big big way.
And he had a birthday in Jan.
I assumed he could not longer earn it, that we missed the deadline :(
I talked to my sis Nicole about my concerns and she talked to her scout office that very day when she went for me. They informed her that the official scout deadline was the end of his school year!
WAHOOO!!!
Cam and I buckled down this week and wrapped up his last requirements.
We also did a bunch of his electives that he had started and not finished
Tonight was Pack Night:
They taught us about honesty and we played the game 2 truths and a lie. It was a lot of fun! 
Each den taught us about what they have been working on. Cam's new den (Bears) had been learning about honesty, and for an example they volunteered me! I got to sit in the chair and the boys asked me questions. I was suppose to come up with dishonest answers (per the whisper in my ear from their leader). Each lie added another wrap around... 
They explained that the more lies you tell, the harder it is to remember them and keep them up and the tighter the web you weave for yourself! 
I couldn't move! And none of them believed me that I had 12 children, all named Fred!
Nor that my husband was an alien!
Bwahaha! 
Cam's old den (Wolfs) had been learning about Feats of Skill. 
They handed out awards... and Cam got to pin his Wolf badge on me 
Then his den leader, Sis Breckenridge, announced how proud she was of him! He had earned a gold arrow and 4 more silver arrows! The most she has ever awarded at once!
He had 54 electives that he had completed!
I am so glad that Nicole asked about the deadline for me!
I am so glad that our den leader allowed us to still let him receive them!
He was just GLOWING!! :) :) :)
It was awesome!
He really does attend with a bunch of great kids and leaders!
We are so blessed!
GOOD JOB CAM!!

1 comments:

Nicole

that's AWESOME!!! congrats, cam!