Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Somedays...

you just have nothing to say that is worth posting.
Or you do, but it is so complicated to explain it becomes silly to try.

Today I just need some joy in the journey.... so a gratitude list is in order I think!
I am thankful/grateful for:

  • A husband who is my very best friend
  • Children who make me laugh & call me Mom
  • Completed projects
  • An Aunt who loves me no matter what
  • A little Sister that has become one my best friends
  • My Ma... & my Dad
  • Jes' new job
  • Jes' side jobs
  • A clean house
  • Spaghetti & meatballs dinner, made by my sweet Emmalee Anne
  • Good friends whom I can trust, who understand me & know who I really am
  • A wicked thunderstorm complete with some good stirring of the elements
  • My study of the Savior the last 40 days... my lent has been amazing for my soul
  • painting that makes me cry every time I look at it
  • Tylenol for a strange pain I have been having - so glad I can pretend it doesn't hurt because of said Tylenol & live my life;)
  • My hair color & cut... my friend Michelle did an AMAZING job for me & I don't feel so old & decrepit LOL
  • My brother who calls me in an instant to help walk me through merit badge placement for my boys scout shirts... I may be starting to like this program after all (LOL)
  • Easter this weekend & being able to see family, watch my kids play & just enjoy it all, and eat me a Milky Way bunny, & some chocolate/caramel covered macadamia nut clusters I gotsed for my birthday 2 weeks ago! *grin*
  • My vacuum that works well & makes everything look/be clean again
  • My sewing basket that was my grandma's... so I can sew on patches for my boys :)
  • My little brother Tyler... he had a birthday this week & I can't help but think about how much I love that boy man! How much I appreciate his love & support & just his smile when we see him! (& I love how he loves my kids! They adore him!)
  • My sister in laws... I am blessed with such good family! In-laws seems like such a funny word when they feel more like actual sisters! Excited to add one more! Love you Melissa!
  • My early morning temple trips with my friend Nicole... we really ARE crazy I know! But its always so fulfilling to me...especially since we are working on her family names! SO COOL!
  • My wreath on the front door... I am SO not crafty... but I really like how it turned out! THANK YOU NICOLE!
  • For my scriptures & how the more I read them... the more I understand & the more I want to.
  • For prayers at night with my kids... they keep things in perspective :)
I feel a little better already!
Gratitude really does work wonders! :)

0 comments: