Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, April 25, 2011

Well... I did it.

I finally broke my Lent today. I could have yesterday, but nothing sounded to terribly good... so I decided why force it? Tonight for FHE we had one of my favorites: Brownies with icecream and hot fudge. YUM! Or so I thought. It just didn't taste right.... and now I feel sick. 10 small bites and I was WAY done.

Yeah... I think I will just be picky about my sugar intake from now on... even my favs no longer tempt me.

I think that is a good thing *GRIN*

2 comments:

Lily

Nice going. I bet you've lost a few lbs from it's lack. You're strong. I've heard of this before as well. My cousin didn't eat sugar for 2 months and when she did it made her feel a little sick.

~~heather

I have a sneaky trick to quit sugar :D At the beginning when I am craving sugar A LOT... I swish my mouth with 100% cranberry juice (just a swallows worth) It is so tart and cold from being in the fridge... and then the aftertaste is super sweet and just makes all cravings go away! :) I also make sure I eat my meals... no skipping so I don't carb binge... it has been a process... that sugar addiction thing is real! I wish I could say I lost weight! :( My meds keep me solidly locked at my current weight. blech. Oh well! I feel healthier so that is what matters right *grin*