Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mt. Washmore

It is growing growing growing...

My 3 year old washing machine decided to start making a horrible grinding noise when it agitates. I am so very sad about it.

I know I do a lot of laundry, but I never realized just how much! I seriously run the washer almost every day of the week (except sunday...but that usually means I just re-wash a load monday morning that I forgot from saturday afternoon LOL). I never seem to have too big of piles in the laundry room because I am pretty darn good at keeping up on washing/drying them. I seriously have struggled with FOLDING and PUTTING AWAY said clean laundry...but I was starting to get better at that too!! (think huge Mt Washedmore piles in my bedroom LOL)

Now here I am... 3 days from using the washer and I have piles. Laundry baskets full! And some of the members of our family are out of underwear or pants... depending on who they are! :/

Jestin researched online and followed the "how-to" on this particular washer and sure enough... the water pump is seized. CHA-CHING. $100 we didnt really have later.... *sigh* And now they say it will be 2-3 days before the part comes in.

So... I am deep in debate with myself... do I really raid the Disneyland funds the kids have been squirreling away dillegently for quarters and tote all these piles to the laundry mat? Or do I beg/plead/borrow a neighbors washer and just do the stuff we really can't live without?

It really is amazing how dependant you become on items in your household. First the water heater and now my washer! I tell you! We are spoiled! I suppose I *could* get out my hand clothes washer my Mom-in-law gave me for emergencies and try it out in the bathtub.... and then still use my dryer...

Or maybe not! *GIGGLE* Decisions decisions! :P

2 comments:

Stephanie

You pack up ALL your laundry and you bring it to my house and we spend the day visiting and doing laundry!! I would love it :)

Suzie

Ditto what Stephanie said! My washer and dryer would LOVE to do your laundry!