Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Update on Us

We are healthy. We are mostly happy. We are trying to swim and not sink. :)

I have thought about posting all about all the blah blah blah, but that is just not fun at all! LOL

I have tons of photos from Christmas to get posted and I think that has been my stumbling block keeping me from posting! I will just have to add them later and post when you have to scroll down to see them? :) Sound good?

We are busy as a family...

Emma is loving being fully involved in Young Women's and all the activities. We had our first "raising our voices at each other" confrontation last week, one for me and one for her Dad, but she quickly apologized and we have had some good talks about the fact that we as her parents would like to be talked to like friends, and if she feels the need to yell that she needs to walk away for a bit and scream into a pillow or something. LOL. Strange experience having your first major confrontation with your child. I am thinking terrible two's aren't so bad! Bwahahaha

Cody is getting into the swing of school schedules again. He joined the Drama club (I *love* this school! He's in 5th grade and can be in Drama already! Mentored by seniors in the school! sweet!) He has LOVED his camera that he got for Christmas and has quite the "eye" at a young age! He takes some great photos! Makes his momma's buttons stretch in pride! *grin*

Cameron is playful as ever. He only really wants to play. Play with friends. Play video games. Play pretend. He LOVES being a kid! He loves his new bike... but the snow is bummin' him out! He is ready for summer! LOL! He turns eight on Monday - and we are trying to start planning his baptism. It is hard to believe I will have 3 baptized children already! Where does the time go??

Caleb is my little man. We have such a good time together! He didn't love Cody going back to school at first, but now we are ok again. He and I play a lot. He is my helper. He spent an entire day (focused mind you!) helping me take down Christmas and the Tree... and putting it all away. He is so big when it comes to that! He has a great love of work... which I think he comes by naturally if any of you have met his dad! LOL

I am trying to figure out how/what/where to meet our financial obligations with little income. It is not fun and I spend a lot of time on the phone, on the computer and balancing this to match that. I have a lot of hope and faith that it will all work out in the end and I am trying to keep a happy attitude.

Jestin has had some work the last week and a half. He worked a total of maybe 40 hours the entire month of December and not much more than that in November. It has been hairy, but we have a great family that had helped with our crazy prescription costs, and a few other windows have been cracked on our behalf. I know we will be ok. Jestin is starting to figure out his new calling... and being in charge is not all it is cracked up to be. We both joke we would like to go back to teaching our Primary classes! LOL. He is full of love for the men he serves and I feel immensely honored to be able to be the one to hear him plead for them in our prayers at night. I have also loved seeing the strength he is gaining and the stretching that is taking place. I just hope I can somehow keep up!

I feel slightly guilty I never sent out any Christmas cards this year... I truly meant to! *blush* I thought of all of you, our family and friends, and hope that you all had an amazing holiday full of fun! (((HUGS))) I will try to be better at posting I promise! :)

0 comments: