Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas 2009

To make the holiday a little more special we tried to give the kids a "gift" to open each of the 12 days before Christmas. Each gift was of something we already had or cost very little.

They opened our "It Came To Pass" card game one evening and we played it as a family. Another night they opened the cassettes for our camcorder and we watched Christmases of the Past. I wrapped their favorite Christmas movie one night and another we made feeders for the birds for Christmas!

Caleb had gathered the pine cones on a camping trip in the fall and had asked all fall if we could make the feeders I told him they would be good for. Every time he saw them on the fridge he would ask about making them...so he was VERY tickled to get to finally do it!

Cam had to wear gloves to spread on the peanut butter! LOL He decided that he didn't even love the smell and quickly became the spectator...


The finished product!

Dad tied the strings and we hung them on our front porch for all the little birds.

I had found two different winter puzzles at the Dollar Store and wrapped them up... Caleb's FAV!

It was a ton of fun to put the puzzles together as a family!

Caleb is a puzzle WHIZ!

I really enjoyed putting the ideas together and the kids loved opening a "gift" of something to do as a family every night! It was a brilliant success!
We have definitely found a new family tradition! THAT is what Christmas is all about! *GRIN* and it cost me next to nothing to do!

2 comments:

Miriam

I love that idea Heather, I think next year we might try it. Even though most nights I would be doing it on my own with Devin working but I think the kids would still enjoy it.

Colette

That is such a great idea! I love it!