Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Times Square

When we came out of the temple it was already dark... and so though it only felt like 2-3 in the afternoon to us... it was now dark. We decided to follow the missionaries advice and go to Times Square and check out some of the small shops for really cheap gifts for our kids. We hopped back on the subway and off we went!

When we came out of the subway we walked up Broadway for a while. That was fun in and of itself! I wish I had taken pictures! There was so much to see! On every corner it seemed there was entertainment. We saw a guy playing steel drums (oh! I love steel drums), a group gathered around a Michael Jackson look alike watching him break dance and so much more! We kept getting distracted of our goal as there was just SO much to see!
Welcome to Times Square!
Times Square was unlike anything I have experienced before. There were SO many people there! They were just hanging out, shopping and eating. The ball was cool to see! (above the 2009 in the above photo) I liked the photo of the 100 Dollar Bill and the phrase "I'll be Back" too! I sure hope so! ;)

Times Square Clock (sorry it's so blurry... I didn't have my good camera with me ;P )

2009 is almost over! I can't believe it!

A native! LOL! These silly birds were not afraid of anything!

This stair case is all lit up red and you can climb it and sit and watch the world pass by and watch the clock etc. It was really cool!

At the bottom of the stairs are tons of tables and chairs to sit at and eat or talk

OH I SO WISH we could have gone to Phantom! *sigh* Maybe next time?

Police on Horses! How fun is that? Got me gigglin' about Arnold on a police horse in an elevator and him reprimanding the horse for not jumping off the building in the movie True Lies! LOL

But I got a bigger kick out of their patrol car though!! Hee hee! We asked one of the officer's for directions and he had a THICK New Jersey accent... it was really cool! I had heard it on TV before... but never in person! I like it!

All the names are familiar and in lights! :)

We stopped inside the Toy R Us there to find a potty and WOW! There is a Farris wheel in the middle of the building! It was crazy cool! Made me miss my kids! They would have LOVED that store!

And there was a life size T-rex that growled at you!

The Statue of Liberty made entirely out of legos!

And the Empire State Building too!
Back out on the street we stopped in at the Hershey's place and got a free kiss! YUM!
And later on the street Patty got a free hug! *giggle*
We stopped at a little bakery store and got a treat! Patty got a "chocolate cigar" - which we thought was a canole - but were PROMPTLY informed that it was no canole! LOL! It was like pie pastry spread with dark chocolate rolled up and baked and dusted with powdered sugar - it was yummy! I got a HUGE brownie topped with frosting, M&M's, marshmallows and pecans. YUM-O! We were sharing our treats and discovered if you took a bite of each it made for this world's most perfect chocolate cream pie flavor! LOL! It was yummy good!
We found the Statue of Liberty! ok... not really... but she made a good photo opp! (dumb cheap camera!)

And we met another celebrity visiting New York!
HAD to text this photo to Jess for Caleb to see! Knew he would never believe me that I got to meet Elmo in New York! LOL

I loved Times Square! I wish we had more time! We did find some cheap gifts for my kids and because we were headed to the ferry and neither of us brought our jackets with us we were able to pick up one for dirt cheap!
Patty also bought this great scarf off of a street vendor (they were all over the place!) I picked up a blue one for Emma and a brown one for me! :)

There is a guy playing steel drums behind Patty... I just loved the atmosphere in Times Square! I can't even imagine what it must be like on New Years Eve!

People were so nice there! Everyone seemed to be smiling and having a good time! Can't wait to go back! We decided to head back to the subway and catch the ferry to see the REAL Statue of Liberty next!

Ernst and Young

I really loved the subway system! It was so nice to be able to relax and get where we wanted to go without driving! LOL
Even the creepy sign didn't deter me! Bwahahaha! :D

0 comments: