Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Update on Cody

Cody is doing really well in Charter School. He has made friends (almost from the first day) and likes his teacher. We have discovered we did not do as well at keeping him up on math as we could have, but he is doing awesome in everything else!

As I look back over this experience I can see how it fullfilled it's purpose. Cody had the time to heal emotionally and gain back some self respect and courage. He has grown by leaps and bounds. And although he is still shy in front of adults for a while, he is back to his old self!

He has also found a deep passion for reading and gets lost in books for hours. *GRIN* just like his mom! I haven't read a good book in almost a year because I can't trust myself to put it down and do my regular mom duties. I get lost and can't function until I finish it. (so... yeah... no. I have not read Twilight. LOL)

Any way... We are getting back into the swing of school all day and it just being Caleb and I at home.

One good thing about Cody going to the Charter School, we pulled Cameron out of public school and he went with Cody. They are enjoying going together. I am so thankful for the paths our Father in Heaven leads us on. We truly are better for following His lead.

And I hope someday to be able to homeschool again. :)

1 comments:

Tammy

Glad to see that things are working out for him. That is so hard to make those decisions. Maybe it was all he needed, a little break from the chaos. Life is so tough with kids!! They are all so delicate. Good luck with work too. You can DO IT!