Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sacrament Meeting in the Manhattan Temple


It was WAY to early the next morning... but it was

AMAZING!!!!!

There really is no other word that fits! I am SO glad we went!
We made it to Sacrament Meeting on the 3rd floor of the Manhattan Temple just as they were singing the opening song. (yeah for my GPS - we got off at the wrong stop and had to sprint a few blocks) The line up was like this:
Opening Hymn - "Come, Ye Children of the Lord"
Opening Prayer
Sacrament Hymn - "In Humility, Our Savior"
The sacrament was blessed by a very nice looking black priest who had a thick Bronx accent - it was REALLY cool to hear it in his accent!
Primary Children Sang "I am a Child of God"
There were only MAYBE 20 children TOTAL! LOL! Coming from a ward with 60 children just in nursery... it was very sweet and tender!
Ward Choir Sang - "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer"
They were fantastic! There was not many of them... but those that sang had MAJOR Broadway talent you could tell.
Youth Speaker
He was a gift all his own. His testimony was so pure and so full of the Spirit - you could tell he REALLY believed what he was saying! It was very powerful for me.
Soloist with a Cello & Piano - "O Divine Redeemer"
Voice - Erin Morley
Cello - Sariah Johnson
Piano - Alan Hamilton
I still have chills!! At first I thought it odd that the cello and piano seemed to be playing different tunes, then Erin began to sing and it was soft and beautiful - I partly wished she was at the microphone... and then she REALLY began to sing! She SO was a Broadway star! And since Julliard was across the street... the rest of the talent was a no-brainer! The chandelier were shaking and it was the most heavenly rendition in Sacrament meeting I have ever experienced. I will never forget how much it, and every song they sang that day, truly felt like a prayer unto God! Phenomenal!!
Female Speaker
She did really well.
Intermediate Hymn - "All Creatures of Our God and King"
WOW! Another chandelier shaker! Except the entire congregation was singing with such Spirit and gusto! The music conductor lead the congregation as though they were the Tabernacle Choir! He was so enthusiastic and I could hear his Broadway voice over the entire congregation! He looked like the guy off of the Carol Burnett show... but with less hair! LOL It was a choice experience.
Male Speaker
He did really well. I cannot remember his subject, only that he looked like a movie star from a film I loved as a teen and he bore a deep and personal testimony that touched my heart.
Concluding Remarks by Bishop Johnson
Closing Hymn - "I Need Thee Every Hour"
Again sung with such passion and feeling I was in tears.
What an wonderful experience! I felt like I was on a Spiritual High!! It came close to the day I went through the temple for the first time, or when we blessed our children, or baptized one of our children. This weekend was a HUGE testimony builder for me!

0 comments: