Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Settin' up the Christmas Tree 2009

The kids couldn't wait to start decorating for Christmas... we have such fun working as a team to get the tree up! They sort out all the branches and away we go!

Emmalee was in charge of lighting...

Jestin decided to add a timer on the switch for my Christmas Tree lights, so we dont have to turn them on and off anymore! And at 10:30 they remind us to go to bed! LOL! (there really are advantages to having an electrician for a husband! :D )


Caleb and Cam were the assembly crew...

And we HAD to play Christmas carols and eat our traditional Orange Sticks!

YUM!

What would tree-setting-up be without them??

Look Mom! Decorate me!!

Cam was really good at keeping the piles separated and keeping the flow moving right along...

We lost a few strands of lights this year... but all in all we are ok! Lots of lights = prettier tree! *grin*

Caleb became distracted by the tote the tree goes in!

And, as always, before you knew it... they all were! LOL

So Mom moved forward with the light assembly while they played.

Cody and Cam tried to repair a couple of sets of lights... but when they flicker and pop... umm... yeah... we throw the whole strand away!

And then there was the favorite tradition of "I Spy" under the tree...

They could stay there for hours

And they really did this year!

I was playing with settings on my camera... and I LOVE how this one turned out! *GIGGLE* I am so thankful for the traditions we have that make us a family!
Caleb would hardly let me rest until all our decorations were out and set up and the totes put back away! He LOVED being my helper this year while the kids were in school!
Our Halls are Decked! We are all ready for the Holidays!

1 comments:

Tammy

wooh! What a process! Makes me tired just watching! Love the orange sticks tradition.