Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gratitude + Expression = Joyful Attitude

I am thankful for:

1. Jestin having some sort of small job every day this week! It is a Christmas miracle! LOL

2. For a very thoughtful youth in the ward who nominated our family for a small sub for santa at his school club and now I dont have to be sick about having a gift for each of the boys but nothing for Emma. My kids will each have something plus some undies, socks and a few little extras this year! And I can go aheadand pay my bills instead, and keep us from drowning yet again. Whew. He truly was an answer to a mother's heartsick prayer.

3. I am thankful for how well my 12 days of Christmas is going for the kids! So far we have played a game, made pine cones for the birds, and put together a puzzle! They are LOVING having a gift to open and even more so loving the time dedicated to just being together! I am so thankful for the friend who gave me the idea!

4. Am thankful for a gift that turned out so well! It didn't spend anything (at least not recently) and I think she will like it! Thank heavens for my "lack of finishing of projects" LOL It turned out perfectly and I am so excited!

5. Am thankful for my life experiences. They truly bring me great insight and growth. And it is nice when I can use them to help others... it helps heal some of the sorrow I sometimes feel.

6. For Pres. Monson and his quote - "The future is as bright as your faith". It really has lifted my attitude lately. I have felt the tugs of "the blackness" creeping in again... and I see that quote and am reminded that my attitude, outlook and desired outlook is ALL UP TO ME! :)

7. For great family, friends, neighbors. I am blessed more than I know. And I do know some of it! :)

8. For my kids. They bring so much joy into my life! I love the excitement and anticipation they are feeling - even when they are naughty because of it! LOL

9. For my warm soft bed. It is so hard to get out of in the morning - but it brings me such joy to lay down on it at night! LOL

10. For this Christmas Season that softens everyone's hearts to each other and brings joy, happiness, and love into our homes and lives. I am thankful for my Savior who came to this earth to endure all that we have in order to better understand our struggles and woes so that we would have someone to lean on and depend on. I am thankful he sacrificed HIS time here for me. I wish I could say I did better at following His example...but I try.

I am just so THANKFUL... and it truly does bring me joy! :)

0 comments: