Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, January 25, 2010

The song that is playing...

If you have speakers, you know which song it is. If you dont, well then I guess I will just have to tell you! *grin* It's "When You Say Nothing At All" by Allison Krauss. This was suppose to be "Our Song" at our wedding.


We decided last minute to take my car, that had recently been repaired from the car accident, and hide it in a family members garage to prevent the new paint from being ruined with the traditional "smear" that happens when you get married. Inside that car I accicentally left my cassette of this song. We instead danced to "Finally Found the Love of a Lifetime" - which is a really pretty song, but we meet at age 16-17! It's not like we had been looking for each other for a super long time! LOL!

I love the words of this song. It stirs within me a rememberance of why I fell in love with Jestin, and just how much a part of me he has always been! We could communicate with our eyes very soon after meeting. We could sense how and what each other was feeling without speaking most times. Our hearts were entwined and there is just no other way to describe it! :) He truly is "the other half that makes me whole"... corny or not... it is true. ;)

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart.
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark!
Try as I may, I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing...

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me.
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me.
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall.
You say it best... when you say nothing at all.

All day long I can hear people talking out loud...
But when you hold me near you drown out the crowd.
Old Mr. Webster could never define
What's being said between your heart and mine.

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me.
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me.
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall...
You say it best... when you say nothing at all!

Jestin, I love you. I love and appreciate all you have done and still do for me. I truly would be lost in this world without you and your strength and caring. I have survived some of the darkest times in my life with you right by my side. Your quiet strength lifts me up and gives me hope. I am so thankful that when I am weak you are strong and that when you are weak I am strong. I am so thankful that I can tell what you are thinking and know what you need and visa versa... even when we want to hide it from each other. You are my very best friend... and I love our life together!
As we lead up to Valentine's Day I would love to read what makes you all smile about your sweethearts... is it a special song? Is it a funny way you tease one another? What makes your love for your sweetheart swell inside you?

0 comments: