Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, January 23, 2010

So... I guess it is time to break out of my shell...

I have been playing a little turtle named Thumper. You know... hiding myself inside myself and taking on the mantra "if you can't say something nice, dont say anything at all."

I miss posting. I miss sharing lifes up and downs. For some reason I have been telling myself that no one really cares what I have to say or likes to read all about me & our family. Another excuse is that I am too "out there" for everyone to judge and talk about. Another is just that everything seems so "whiney" in black and white. Or the thought that I dont want anyone to think they have to "rescue" us.

And then I realized something. Mostly after reading my dear cousin/friends blog who is having the same thoughts: re-reading what I post makes me happy. I *love* remembering how I felt, what the kids said, what we have been through and recovered from, and all the good, bad, and ugly! For a while I have been posting little snipets on my Facebook status... but there is not real record of them. I cant look back and re-read them very well! They just aren't the same!

And so! Here is my promise to me...

"Heather... you love posting on your blog. You love having it recorded and being able to retrieve the stories and happenings from your little family's life whenever you want. You love it when friends post comments and you know that they care. You love seeing how much your children have grown and being able to remember that cute way one child or another dealt with whatever was ailling them. Heather, I promise from this day forward to no longer allow the adversary to talk you into not posting, to talk you into not caring and to talk you into feeling unloved. It isnt true anyway and you know it ;) . And if someone does pass judgement on you for something that you post... well then... let that be their sin to work out and do not let it get you down. The only person you can control is you... so do what brings you joy! You cannot find Joy in the Journey... if you don't take down your milage! So I promies to post as often as I can."

5 comments:

Keri

I feel so much the same way...wow! You said it so perfectly. I love hearing about you & your family, since you live SO far away in another ward. ;) Please, do share more. Maybe it will inspire me.

Stephanie

Heather never stop posting about your little section of the world. You have such a talent for writing I just love hearing about your family and how big everyone is getting. Time truly goes by way to fast. ((LoVeS))

Stephanie

Hooray! Heather is back. I have read your blog since you sent me the link to the grandma would be proud. Your previous posts were not always about happpy things, but they were real. I could draw strength from your story and It also gave me a clue as to what I could do to help:) You have a talent to share and lift. You have posted the things going on, but have done so with positive attitude. I am so glad you have come to the decision to post it all again. I missed you:)

Nicole

i just found your blog and am really having fun getting to know you better! i'm so glad you have decided to post, cuz i've decided to continue to read! :) mines private...i'd love to send you an invite if you want. let me know. :)

~~heather

Nicole I would love one!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! :)