Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This pic makes my heart melt...

This is one of my favorite pictures. Cody took this months ago.

This is my "baby" Caleb and "baby" from my childhood, Little Beggar.

Beggar was a gift from my Daddy when I was 8 years old. I had to have my tonsils and adenoids removed and then was rushed back to the hospital for a second surgery because I hemorrhaged. It was scary I remember, but I woke up and my Daddy handed me this little dog with a bib on that said "Little Beggar".

He became my most trusted friend. He offered my comfort in some really sad times in life. Jestin jokes he had to kick Beggar out of our bed when we got married because he was jealous! Even now as an adult, when I would get him out of the box, and I rubbed his soft paws or ears between my fingers there was  this emmense comfort. Silly at over 30 years old huh?? I can find comfort in a stuffed animal!

Each of my kids, when they were about Caleb's age had seen Beggar. They love to see the box of Mommy keepsakes and the stories I tell with each item. (they love their boxes even more though! LOL) Each time he was brought out, I considered letting them play with him. But it never felt right.

Until Caleb.

Caleb saw my Beggar and fell in love. He hauls Beggar everywhere. He goes to get him to cuddle on when he is feeling blue. He is gentle and tender with Beggar (for the most part) and he won't let his friends play with Beggar. I have often heard him say "Beddar is owld. He was Mommy's so we shouldn't play wif him". At 25+ years old, bless Beggar's heart, he is truly surviving this new wave of love!

As I type, lying here in my bed, Caleb is snuggled up beside me, missing Jestin too and cuddling Beggar.

The very BEST part? When I am feeling down, or am sick, guess what Caleb goes and gets for me??

Yep. My Beggar. Somehow this little man of mine totally 100% gets it. And he gets it to the very core. Beggar makes us feel better. :)

We share this comfort item of mine... and I can't explain the joy at knowing that something that meant so much to me... means so much to him!

Thank you Daddy for my "Little Beggar". He is old... but he is still loved!

And I can't help but think that "Woody" would be well pleased! *wink*

0 comments: